SlotForum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now back into slot car racing after 10 years away and i now have a new layout up and running, here it is

30 pounds for a load of track, cars, barriers, lap counter, controls of ebay, i love ebay!
its all sport track and analog powered

i have been through more track configuration then i care to remember and this next bit is a new section i have added

lots more updates to come, next one is adding some depth to the layout after receving some polystyrene sheets

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have to admit, despite the size of the layout, it is really good fun to drive. There are people with some massive and highly detailed layouts on here that i have spent loads of time reading through (Is it ok to be a little jealous
) but despite that, i have to admit that i am proud of the layout i have and i think any layouts i do in the future will be of similar size

I have found scalextrics to be a really good way of spending some free time and i can think of no beter way of spending my time after work, very relaxing it must be said and as such, i will be taking my time doing a little bit each night, with a cup of tea in hand aswell

I started this layout before i joined this fourm, so it may look like fast progress but its over a month since i first started.

The picture below shows how i used flat sheets of polystrene and turned a flat board in to something with a little bit more depth to it, still work to be done but its a good start
.This area with have some grandstands placed here and the elevation is so spectaters can get a good view of the hole track, similar to brands hatch if you will.

this next bit is looking down to the hairpin curve. To the left of the picture with be a small run off area, to the right will be some tyre walls next to track edge, if the back end is still stepping out at this point, expect to be facing the other way before the end of the corner!
. This bit has a certain street circuit feel to it and should look good with some lighting, night racing here i come

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Slotdriver

The circuit looks fab !

You have a great variety of corners in a compact space, not something easy to achieve.

I like the way you have the twisty section leading out of the exit of the Monaco style 180 hairpin (very street-cicuit; esp. with the fly-over above it !!! coooool).

Not only do you get the challenge of the hairpin, but the following turns prevent that end of the track being just a boring out-the-box middle of the road corner.

It's hard to see really how you could improve the circuit !

I made a 6x4ish layout a while back, It had a challenging combination of corners, in a very small space; & the racing was just as intense as on a larger track...
...the only difference with a bigger track is a longer lap-time, which in some ways doesn't mean that much.

What do you like for wheels dood ?

Cheers

Si.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (Si. @ 14 Dec 2011, 23:30) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Slotdriver

You have a great variety of corners in a compact space, not something easy to achieve.

It's hard to see really how you could improve the circuit !

What do you like for wheels dood ?

Cheers

Si.

hi si, i shall answer this in 3 stages.
I can vouch for that, It took me a fair few attemps to get to this track plan, believe you me.

I think you may be right! but i think buliding a layout in a module style setup could make things a bit more intresting, that way you could have a different track plan every night
. I have also found out that it is possible to route your own track using a router tool. Even though a solid base board design like this one has possibley reached it peak, i still think there are ideas for the future to try.

I am a touring car fan, but saying that, after searching for some new rtr cars on the web, i have found that you can get cars that you bulid up your self(kits). i have brought two of these all ready! but the problem is, is that they seem to come in every format apart from touring cars

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FLY SLOT FERRARI F40 - IMSA 2H. TOPEKA 1990 - SCHLESSER-JABOUILLE 25 PIECE SELF ASSEMBLY KIT

NEW MINT BOXED

Model No: 88283

FLY SLOT FERRARI F40 - 24 H LE MANS 1994 - DELLA NOCE-OLOFSSON - ANGELASTRI

25 PIECE SELF ASSEMBLY KIT

NEW MINT BOXED

Model No: 88314

This is what i got. really simple to put together but good fun none the less
, yes i will be buying more!
I will do a thread in a different area showing the cars and also how they go together aswell very soon

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
There are always great new ideas for the future to try; thats the good thing about the Sport track system; massive potential different layouts.

I am planning a wooden module track at present.
I like to have a new circuit each season, so for me making the Sport track permanent is very limiting.
Modular scenery is interesting to, for the same reason.

The Scalextric Pro-Performance kits a pretty cool, you get 3 engines, alloy wheels, loads of different cogs etc...
...the spare motors & stuff can be used to soup up other cars, or fix dead 'ens from E-Bay.

Si.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Slotdriver. Great start. Glad to see you getting into the spirit of things. As much and all as we'd love a big track, for most of us it's just not feasible. That one of yours has the possibilities of being a gem.

Many don't believe just how relaxing the whole landscaping process can be. But it's a great way to chill and recoup from life's stresses.

Enjoy the process.
Embs

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Some more work done to the layout tonight, one more night of work tomorrow and then it is the first race weekend for the track

heres what was done tonight (or yesterday as i type this
) and with a little help from a young member of the family aswell

New over pass section.

New wall section fitted to the hairpin.

Action shot looking towards the over pass

a befor and after shot

dont half make a mess though
, think i may need to get the dust pan and brush out!

many thanks every one for the comments. theres still alot to do interms of landscaping but im looking foward to it

·
Registered
1,011 Posts

WOW it's the tunnel at Monaco !.............

...........GET'S GO BABY !!!...........VVVVVVVVRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrOOOOOOOOooooooooooMMMMMMMMM

Si.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts