SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all been busy for the past couple of months setting up a new digital layout in my garage. My last layout was in the conservatory but I was worried about the warmer weather damaging the track so moved into the garage and started from scratch. First thing I did was sell off a load of old cars on ebay which made me a nice £250 that I used to pay for the switch over to digital.
Next step was to set up in the garage and even I had a go at landscaping anyway here are the results. Layout size is 12foot by 4 foot and I'm already making plans to extend.

I'm really pleased with the switch over to digital it's alot of fun just wish I'd done it sooner, my 12 year old son now has the slot bug as a result and he even bought a couple of cars with his birthday money.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
excellent job and welcome to the digital world. Have you got the C7042 apb.?? If so are you planning ssdc and pitpro.??

Both the above take it to another level.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (bensonsnuts @ 14 Apr 2012, 16:13) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks a nice layout . Does that hidden section under the loop cause you any problems ?

No problems at all as you only loose sight for about 2 curves which you can take very fast without no problems. I like to sit down at that end as well as love watching the cars tear out the tunnel. (I'll post a pic later so you can get a better view of it)

QUOTE (bigbird @ 14 Apr 2012, 16:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
excellent job and welcome to the digital world. Have you got the C7042 apb.?? If so are you planning ssdc and pitpro.??

Both the above take it to another level.

I was researching them last night actually and they look great so I think that will be next.

·
Prof I T
Ting Tong
11,085 Posts
hi
once you get the pb and order a aux to usb cable you will be able to try ssdc on a 30 day trial. There is also a version of pclapcounter to trial as well. This put's a lap limit on until you purchase full version..

Both of the above work with pitpro.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (bigbird @ 14 Apr 2012, 16:39) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi
once you get the pb and order a aux to usb cable you will be able to try ssdc on a 30 day trial. There is also a version of pclapcounter to trial as well. This put's a lap limit on until you purchase full version..

Both of the above work with pitpro.

Just a quick question will I need to send in the pit lane game and get it upgraded?

·
Greg Gaub
14,650 Posts
He already has the APB. I would recommend just the cable at first. Get it, upgrade the firmware, and try the latest SSDC and PC Lap Counter. There's another app in the works, too, which you can watch progress on in the SSD forum.

Pit Pro is an upgraded Pit Lane Game, so you'll either send that one in for the upgrade, or replace it with a Pit-Pro. But, don't jump right into a Pit-Pro until you're sure you want/need one. It adds some neat lights, and the ability to prevent people from refueling on the track, but you don't need it fuel stuff. SSDC takes care of all of that, which is why I recommend getting just the PC cable at first, and playing with the options it gives you. If you want more, then learn about what Pit-Pro really adds.

I'm with everyone else saying that's a great looking track! You've fit a lot in 12x4, and it looks like a lot of fun, with all the important features of a good digital track, and with fantastic landscaping to boot!
Well done!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for that Mr Flippant I'll just buy the cable to start and see how it goes and thanks to everyone else for the positive comments on the track.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
That`s a very nice layout Miko.
Peco scenic background sheets are about £1 each & would finish off your layout beautifully.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (loosesalute @ 14 Apr 2012, 21:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That`s a very nice layout Miko.
Peco scenic background sheets are about £1 each & would finish off your layout beautifully.
Cheers,
Kev

Thanks for that was wondering what to do with the walls. Was really regretting not painting them first but those backgrounds will do nicely.

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Nice one Mike.
Any railway shop will have them.
Don`t know if Lambs of Darlo will sell them.
Cheers
Kev

·
Registered
46 Posts
Very nice circuit indeed, wish I was that far ahead with my own layout , I'm set up on 14ft x 4ft top in the garage also.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well done. I´m quite surprised, how much track you can build on such a "small" table. That encourages me to speed up my 12 x 5 feet project.
Very Nice landscaping too! How long did it take you to build the whole layout? Which contruction for the table did you choose?

Cheers from Muelheim (which is Darlingtons twin town)!

Markus

·
Registered
3,057 Posts
Excellent work!
And I love the 4 x 12 layout size.... what I am working with to develop a final layout.
Many thanks for sharing... and do you have a layout diagram you could share?

Cheers!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
QUOTE (Mars @ 15 Apr 2012, 06:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How long did it take you to build the whole layout? Which contruction for the table did you choose?

Markus

Hi Markus the table is MDF sheets fixed to two old 4ft long tables I rescued from a local school before it's demolish, also fixed the edges to the outer walls with battens it's a very solid construction. Overall it's taken me about 2 months from moving out of my conservatory and into the garage. I really enjoyed the landscaping and took a couple of days of work in March to do the bulk of the work using expanding form, plaster cloth and plaster to mold the rock faces. Lot's of coming home from work and locking myself away in the garage, wife not to happy but when are wifes happy?

QUOTE (sealevel @ 15 Apr 2012, 07:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Excellent work!
And I love the 4 x 12 layout size.... what I am working with to develop a final layout.
Many thanks for sharing... and do you have a layout diagram you could share?

Cheers!

Sorry sealevel don't have a diagram as I prefer to just get stuck in and work with the track sections as you can drive them and make tweeks to be honest it took me nearly a week of messing about with different designs and driving it before I settled on the layout.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Very nice track ! And a fast one too I guess.
1 piece of advice (ok 2) , make borders to slide at least in the upper corner (where the cars are in the picture).
And 2nd, I would try to extend your pitlane, If you loose the borders before the pitlane, you can put a single lane track there. Location of (X)lc's really you will have to experience yourself, you might want a lc before entering pit lane, especially when you get software with fuel load simulation and stopngo etc.

BTW You have done the right thing getting the cable first.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts