SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is a special limited release ( 800 police & 1000 gangster) for the german chain-store Idee&Spiel and will not be available outside of Germany except on ebay. Stupid as these cars for shure attract the US-market!

Both cars with the new chassis, but no lights

The idea is good and will attract the kids to play with slotcars... But we need it unlimitad!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
wow!

I know a little boy who would do anything to get his hands on these!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking to get some of these rare cars - if I get more than 1 pair I'll offer them to you at cost!
And some other news - limited annual Carrera-club-car - with new chassis! 50€ for members only. If someone needs one, drop me a line - I can get a maximum of 3 - so there might be 2 happy collectors out there
Available first week of December 2003

And if you had no chance to get the last years car

...same conditions, but old chassis.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...and some further news from Carrera - the Jubilee-sets are in the shops - pictures might be seen in teh newsticker-section of my HP - won't link it here as these pictures will fade away with the news ;-)
FYI - together with the set and the cars you'll get a voucher for the new digital lapcounter -so this set seems to be a bargain for me and it's a good reason to try the Carrera-rails if you've never done that before. Costs in Germany about 250€ .... and the track is longer than in the Mille Miglia sets- 6 additional straights!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

...pictures of the new Carrera-Jubilee-set are in the news-ticker-section of my HP.
The Martini-Porsche shows a lack of details - the Daytona-RSR is looking muchg better than expected. Had lot's of fun whilst driving these cars this weekend - detailled repost will follow later. Look for the new packing of the Carrera-Sets - similar to the others now - and even cars are better packed.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
...re-issues of period models body-wise - but with new chassis beyond. Fast racers for lot's of fun!

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
...you can get the 911RSR in a Martini-livery and teh 935 as a Jägermeister-livery separately - but not the set-cars - and these liveries are also limited - but around 8000pcs - so that's not a problem.

And even if you're purchasing the whole set, you might sell the track, lapcounter, power-plug and teh controllers via ebay to get most of your money back. But before you're doing thet, try the Carrera-track if you've no experience with it up to now - just to learn a little about other systems.

·
Slot City
331 Posts
Unfortunately, at present there are no plans for the set to be released in the UK, just the cars.

Still, maybe they wil change their mind....

Jon,
Slot City.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Any idea if the cars and the set will be available in the US? I can always have more track to get the set car and I would love to have the seperate cars as well. Thanks for the pics Thomas.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Alaskaracer, look at Frank's shop - slotcarworld.com - he's selling these sets and the single cars! Also ask him about the availability of the RMS...

·
Jim Moyes
5,044 Posts
I hope Carrera do some liveries of the 935 not done by Exin

Mr.M

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...this is not only your hope! The 935 should be available in a couple of versions! But the Carrera-body represents the small-winged car with the small turbo-engine - and there are not a lot of liveries possible if you want to be "scale" - but if you're handling it like Fly, you might eaysily adapt all the 934 liveries also..

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Thanks once again to that gifted 'finder of rare cars at respectable prices' - Thomas Wanner..

My son will have these in his stocking this Christmas..

The Good guys - How accurate is the Chicago logo guys? or is it total fabrication? just out of interest, because I thought it was 'to protect and serve' not 'we protect and serve'..

Then the thug being chased
Ruined some fine bodywork there ehh?

·
Registered
714 Posts
QUOTE How accurate is the Chicago logo guys? or is it total fabrication? just out of interest, because I thought it was 'to protect and serve' not 'we protect and serve'..
LOL!!!! Serious confusion here!
Inside out, back to front?
The model actually reads "We serve and protect".

·
Registered
773 Posts
...Swiss, look for the registration number of the GTO - registered in California - and if you're able to pronounce the word right - PRESTUPNIK - it's the russian word for criminal / gangster

The police car shows HEMI SQD - read it as Hemi Squad - as this is the engine beyond the hood.

The Carrera-Designer has always nice ideas - and is looking for these small details

About chicago Police - it is "to serve and protect" on MOST of the cars - but not on all - some show "we serve and protect" - but only after 1970... New CPD-cars have no additional information...

..also they had 2-door Plymouth Savoy's in 1960...

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
The last pic (Plymouth Savoy ) is one of those cars that makes you wonder just how ugly the design beaten into second and thrid place must havebeen for this to be the best choice.

Scott

1 - 20 of 20 Posts