SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all new to this so be nice lol

Been thinking a while now about building a large slot car layout in my spare room on baseboard with a good size track and loads scenery to add relasim

I like the idea going digital but was wondering what's the best way to get started

I'm obv going need allot track etc so anyone got any give me a shout.

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi ...... and welcome to the forum .....

Great question to stir up the various hornet's nests

Would you be able to update your profile so that we can get a rough idea of whereabouts your are from? We should be able help with suggestions that might include your nearest club. Also remember that there is a huge gathering at the National Heritage Motor Museum at Gaydon in the Midlands on the 20th May where you can see just about everything and try most of it as well.

All the best - Greg

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum

Are you thinking of using plastic track or going for a routed track?

Digital is certainly different, opinions are divided on it being much worse or much better.
For your track all that matters is what YOU prefer, the best way to make your mind up is try it.
As has already been said, tell us more about where you are located and there should be plenty of helpful suggestions as to where you can go and try some slot racing in action.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I thought i would use this thread instead of starting another as im going to ask a newb question (sorry for hijacking your thread though).

How do i post a picture on this forum as when i bought a joblot of scalextric it came with a box of odds and sodds, cars(broken) and engines/motors and i wondered if any of it was usefull i thought the best way was to post a picture but cant seem to find a way to do it.

Ta muchly.

Wonkle

·
Living the Life!
11,082 Posts
Hi Wonkle,

Follow this link ...........

·
Premium Member
702 Posts
QUOTE (rosschris10 @ 2 May 2012, 19:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What's difference in the track what would you guys recommend

It really is down to personal preference.

If you don't know what you like it might be an idea to share your location then if someone is local to you they may let you try out their track or visit a local slot car club!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts