SlotForum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just wanted to introduce myself and say hello, I'm fairly new into the slot cars after being away for many years but having kids has changed that!! That's my excuse anyways
I have two little girls BTW.
I was looking for another forum to get more information and feedback on vintage scratchbuilds as I am developing a taste for some of the older aston martin, alfa romeo, ferrari and jaguars. Alot of the parts like resin bodies and chassis and suitable wire wheels, etc are new to me but I really enjoy building the cars but have limited myself mostly to 1/24 scale trans am cars from the 60's. I heard this was a great site and look forward to learning alot.
Cheers Chris

·
Administrator
9,654 Posts
Hi Chris,

Welcome to SlotForum! I fixed your title for you... you've come to the right place if you like old scratchbuilts. Let us see a few of your 1/24 Trans Ams. Do you have a home track? What's the slot situation in your neck of the woods?

Don

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for fixing my error Don.
As soon as I can get a few pics I will of my 1/24 they aren't painted yet, spent too much time cutting up interiors and modifying, I have 3 trans am cars a 70 challenger, 70 Boss Mustang and a 63 Ford Falcon Sprint, the 41 ford (wifes car), 49 mercury (oldest girl's) and my youngest daughers "Dora the Explorer" boyd 57 chevy still to paint!! I am mounting them on H&R brass chassis's.
Except for my friends and family members ( I dragged in) it's pretty quiet where I am, there is one local routed track but I don't have any cars/appropriate chassis I can run there. I have a 90ft 2 lane carrera digital track that's getting close to being finished enough to run on (I have enlarged/changed it 4 times in 6 months since getting back into slots) once I have all the borders, elevations and guardrails/fences up.
We damaged a few of the cars running without them!!!
Thanks for the welcome.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts