Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello im chris ive been looking at this great site for a while and thought it was about time i joined up. i have been brought up with the scalextric as a kid and always enjoyed it even tho i could never beat my older brother ! im into motorsports mostly motorbikes but i love rallying. ive been going to wales for about 17 years following the wrc and the british championship. because of the love of rallying i started to collect slot rally cars and intend to build a track but never got around to building one. ive got nearly 50 new cars at the moment and they need to be used ! i never knew you could build a track from mdf till i looked on the site they all look so real some of the detail is something else. i decided to go to the stot car festival for the first time and had go on some mdf track and im going to try to build a single lane rally stage . i had a great time at the festival and now its really given the bug to build a track . many thanks for listening and keep up the great work you all do thanks chris

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome to the forum and this fantastic hobby. Sounds like you have a good collection going already. You'll be surprised how easy it is to route your own track and at fraction of the cost of going plastic.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

Scott

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
many thanks for the welcome ive nearly got all the stuff for a practice run on the routed track just need some copper tape now and ill have a good go at it . i does'nt look easy tho! ill keep you updated thanks chris

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Worcester eh?

Thats about halfway between Oxford and Abergavenny, Ideal to get down to the next round in July and Last round in November, of SlotRally GB. Perfect if you make your routed stage portable.

You know you want to........

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea its about half way inbetween not far really but i dont think ill be able to get my track done in time . is it possible to come along anyway to have a look it would be great to see maybe get a few ideas aswell

1 - 6 of 6 Posts