SlotForum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and a happy New Year to you all,
I would like to introduce myself to you as a slot drag builder and would be racer, I currently have four Drags and some more on the way. The problem is that I live in Hull, East Yorkshire and don't now of a track near by. Having read through some of the posts; I see that you are having a get together at Gaydon in May. This is an event that I can Make as its only 2.5 hours away from me and this would give me a chance to meet you all and have a couple of races to test what I have got.
I have as I said got four cars these are as follows: 57 chevy,boss mustang,chevelle and a chevy pick up at the moment and lots of kits to hack into and covert.

Yours Dave alias The Reaper

·
Steven Dudley
644 Posts
Hi Dave (The Reaper, cool name!!!), welcome to Slot Drags. Most of us will be at Gaydon, so this will be a good opportunity to meet up and have a chat. Please post some pics of your cars and provide a few details in the Show n Shine section.

Speak to you soon.

MrD

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
Welcome Dave.

There are a few Drag Strips in the country, but your closest is probably at Pendle (look up Pendle Slot) on here or Google.
Also try and hook-up with Chinbeard, who visits SlotForum every now and again, as he's also based in Hull.

Like Steve said, let's also see some pics of your cars...

Cheers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yo Dragrap,
has Pendle got a Drag track; as it doesn't say so on their site,if so I must have missed it.
I will post some piccies this weekend of some of my cars just to let you know what your up against at Gaydon.

I have one motor to buy for one,a spur gear for another and my Boss Mustang needs a larger set of wheels as
its only on 1"Daims at the moment.

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
QUOTE (The Reaper @ 4 Jan 2012, 22:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yo Dragrap,
has Pendle got a Drag track; as it doesn't say so on their site,if so I must have missed it...

Pendle built a strip c/w a return lane for the slot car fest at Brooklands in 2010. It was sited underneath Concorde.
There are bound to be some pics of the event somewhere on here. I'll see if I can find anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Dragrap,
for that, It would be good to see. Have tried to see if I can put some Pictures up of the Reaper Crew
but I am not allowed to post. Is there a reason for this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts