SlotForum banner

New Molesey track

12K views 75 replies 14 participants last post by  Flange 
G
#1 · (Edited)
After a few hours of frustrating track design
round my house last night, Julian, Neil, Lee and Phil came up with a new 6 Lane Ninco track design for Molesey.

This will be the base design for our club with a few tweaks here and there, this tread will be update with as we progress with this project.

See less See more
G
#62 ·
I think praise ought to go to Danny, Alan, Neil, James, Mario, Peter Frank (Hoover man) Rich, Lee, Julian, Graham, for a outstanding effort on this track, few more bits to do. I have a lot of pictures of the build which I will put up on photobucket.

G
#65 ·
Hi Mark

Thanks, chaps worked hard to get this track up and running, we need a skip to clear out the rest of the wood and old computer etc.

Cars that we are most likely to run are (someone chip in from Molesey if I have this wrong)

1. Classics - Slot.it and NSR
2. Slot.it inline as per our opening event
3. Slot.it as per SIC but I'm not sure as we will end up with all GT's
4. NSR GT i.e. Porsche, Corvette and Audi
5. 1/24th?
6. some sort of Saloon class, not sure what

To be honest we have spent so much time building the track, we haven't sat down and talked about the classes.

I'm sure you will have a chance to pop down and try, I have a few cars you can use.

G
#67 ·
QUOTE (Mr Croker @ 11 May 2012, 10:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cool. Those must be the cars that can take the corner at the end of the straight flat out then

Look forward to it

We are providing hockey masks for people marshalling were Julian is sitting at the end of the straight!

It's a relative easy track to learn which helps with racing against other people and not the track.

Should be interesting with the club Nascars with mags in, going to have a few dents in the clubhouse walls I should think!

G
#69 ·
New bridge section finished, After much thought we came to the decision to change the bridge section to allow room for a marshall and I feel it has improved the track even more.

Thanks to Neil, James, Danny and Graham. Outstanding work over the weekend and Monday. Thank you

#75 ·
Well done lads...... I bet you must be pleased now, it looks great, I hope that my input (however small) was appreciated, although I'm sure not by the ones that got dragged down to alter it........ I'm sure it will be worth every second of your valuable time.....

I would be interested in how long the bridge section took to change..

Looking forward to the meeting in June, see you all then, unless I can creep out one Monday or Thursday

Nobby

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.