SlotForum banner

New Molesey track

12K views 75 replies 14 participants last post by  Flange 
G
#1 · (Edited)
After a few hours of frustrating track design
round my house last night, Julian, Neil, Lee and Phil came up with a new 6 Lane Ninco track design for Molesey.

This will be the base design for our club with a few tweaks here and there, this tread will be update with as we progress with this project.

See less See more
G
#3 · (Edited)
QUOTE (fw14b @ 24 Jan 2012, 10:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks very good Phil. One piece of advise, think carefully about marshalling positions and view restriction.
Hurrt up and build it.

We can get away with four, with the race controller as a marshal bottom left with one of the marshals seated to do the three way bridge.

We are going to have a raised rostrum as well, not to much as Julian's head will be in the flat above!

G
#11 ·
QUOTE (knight rider @ 28 Feb 2012, 22:08) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That looks challenging !

Do you mean the construction or actually racing round the track?

It's going to be an awesome track, big, fast and with a cork screw by the door end.

Molesey members are working really hard at this track build and giving up their spare time to get it done. Still a lot to do.

Dave you will have to pop down when it is finished and have a go, I have plenty of cars you can use.

Phil

#16 ·

I really wish I could help out guys but the little is giving me some sleepless nights atm and with work commitments, it is really tough. I have now managed two weeks where on average I have slept 3-4 hours per day - I am now fully prepared for 24 hour race should we ever do one

#17 ·
The track is looking really good, but I must say that I am a little disappointed that there hasn't been one single comment about Julians totally gay pose with the Ninco banner... Come on lads can we have a few 'captions'....... I'll start you off with... "Oooh do you think this red clashes with my eyes sweetie".....
Ian

G
#21 ·
QUOTE Was that taken at Pineapple dance studios.

More like Pinewood dance studios! Julian does look good in Ninco this season.

er hem, moving on.. bridge section took some time to plan but I think it works really well with a smooth incline and chambered all the way round to the straight which will level off before it reaches the cork screw.

More this weekend, not for me Lee and Julian as we are racing at the SIC event GT Raceway. Phil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.