SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The current BSCRA club Ipswich Slot Car Club based at Wickham Market will be hosting monthly races on either a week night or a weekend day depending on interest. Classes to be confirmed after interest made. So who would consider a trip to this sunny part of Suffolk for once a month racing and also what classes and formats would you like to see?

Thanks Lee

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The bscra cars would continue to race weekly but also have 1 monthly 1/32 race using plastic bodied cars. There also be monthly ho and 1/43 races. So for example on a 4 week month, 4 bscra races, 1 ho, 1 1/43 and 1 1/32.

·
Pete Shepherd
1,689 Posts
I'd be interested in 1/32 hard bodied plastic chassis racing as long as it isn't on a Friday night.

Cheers,

Pete

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Club has a new website www.ipswichslotcarclub.co.uk

Aiming for 1/32 hard body racing to be on a Thursday evening.

2 classes that alternate each month SCX NASCAR and 90's Touring Cars from DTM, BTCC etc as both low cost classes because cars are cheap, thoughts?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
It's always fun to try new tracks - so I would be up for it. Not sure John Parr is allowed in Ipswich as he is so rude about their football team. Thursday is a good night and many of us have SCX Nascars....

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good job at Wickham Market further enough out of Ipswich lol. What you think about 90's Scaley Touring Car Class?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
QUOTE (LeeH @ 23 May 2012, 17:37) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What you think about 90's Scaley Touring Car Class?

To say I'm not keen is an understatement, better off going for something currently being manufactured so that people can buy a car off the shelf, if you speak to the local Modelzone shops they will do a discount for club members - I already get a discount at the Ipswich Modelzone.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes I think Julian is right - pick a class that is regularly raced around East Anglia - at least at first until you establish yourselves...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Honestly no idea. Going to print lots of leaflets and posters and spend at least a day distributing them around the village and other local villages. Going to organise a club open day where all the scales and types of cars will be available for people to try. But of course I need to sort some club cars out before that.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
To get the club off the ground how about for the remainder of this year just running SCX NASCAR as it's a cheap starting point. Any spare cars or club cars that can be borrowed at the meetings be appreciated until club at point of being able to buy it's own. Does that sound fair?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
It depends on who you want to attract, existing racers will be okay with this, but local people new to racing will want to run cars they already own, which will probably be Scalextric, personally I think an anything Scalextric, SCX or Carrera (no pro cars) class would work.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
But wouldn't there be a massive difference in the cars if across so many manufactures? or do you just say any NASCAR something like that?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
I don't think it really matters, as whatever class you run there will always be a car that is quicker than everything else, but in my experience people want to run the cars they already own.
For club cars you could just get 4 impact resistant Scalextric cars.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts