Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCX web site says that Dome Judd has new motor RX-62C.

Any information from this motor is more than wellcome

Thanks.

·
Matt Tucker
3,549 Posts
The SCX Dome Judd is supposed to include the SCX pro-plus motor. Bascially this means that this car should go faster as the motor has a rated RPM of 19,000 compared to the standard 16,000 of the RX-41 which is included in all standard 2wd SCX cars.

Hope this is the info you were after.

Tuck

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Ahh, the return of the "SRS" style faster series of cars. Do we know if that is the only hop up the Dome will carry?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
HI Guys

I`ve got a meeting with Luca Porcellati SCX International Trade Marketing Director on Tuesday. He`s meeting me at Phoenix Club. I could ask him to clear up the above plus any other SCX Q`s you have guys?
As a matter of interest the point of our meeting is to discuss me setting up and running the European SCX Rally Championship. Any one out there interested? Let me know guys.

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Hmmm!

RX41 was a development of the old RX4.

Likewise RX81 is the new version of the 4x4 motor.

So as Wankel rightly suggests, RX62C should be a new model of the hotter RX6 motor fitted to the SRS cars.

Any idea if this has the spaceframe chassis with steering that those had? Come on Jexy 1, you can tell us! This could be the car to beat in the LMP classes.

Little quiz for all the anoraks out there. Which was the only SCX car to have the RX5 motor?

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Belive it or not i have not seen one in the flesh yet!

I don't get review models until they are branded as SCX (not Scalextric for Spain).

I should be getting the review model early next month.

And will let you know.

Press release info:

LMP
61160 Dome S 101 Judd "Holland"
-Working lights: High-intensity Xenon Headlamps
-Removable and Adjustable Magnet
-Guide with Suspension
-a.r.s. Guide
-Pro Motor
-Rear Traction
-Specially prepared for competition with pro turbo plus motor, pro braids, slick tires, lighter bodyshell and xenon headlamps

I have a press shot that i can post when Mr Material and Jules tell me how tonight!

The closest thing i can compare to at the moment is the Tecnitoys Scalextric Club car 2003, this was issued under "Competition Pro" and apart from the lights had the same spec as above, however it did not have a SRS type chassis.

See you later

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
No, I think that as it's guide is an arse with suspension, it won't be SRS type. Could be wrong though!

Mr.M

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
RX-5? Would that be the 959?

If it was, do I gets a prize? We likes prizes, yes, hmmm.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
Posted pics to Jules for him to put on his web, sorry just couldn't get the Star photo site to take my pics! (maybe a Mac thing?).

·
Jim Moyes
5,002 Posts
Das de one, Wankel.

Prize?

How about the kudos of being one of the main reasons that more than one person I know decided to look further afield for their online slot resources/entertainment.

Enjoy!

Mr.M

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
QUOTE ikewise RX81 is the new version of the 4x4 motor

have to disagree for the past 4 maybe 5 years now, the 4bee mota has been an RX81.. just the prints have worn off the bottom of mine

Inte

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Whuh hey!

I've got groupies!

Say, were you the guy with the squeeky trolley following me through the aisles at Sainsburys last night?

Cyber stalker.

I've got a lawyer, I'll get a court order...

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
I'm looking forward to news and data on this new SCX motor as I can see very little difference over the standard version by the so-called turbos I have had in my mitts to date.

A genuine question here:
Unlike most of our little S can Mabuchis, SCX have proper replaceable brushes in their motors.
But . . . are new brushes actually obtainable?

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
That`s a fair point about the Turbo`s. I only noticed a difference in the SCX rally cars that I have seen fitted with pro turbo plus.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
OK Chaps, this is the best i can do for the time being.

See picture (thanks Jules!)

I'll try and work out how to post and do more, i generally only get press stuff on SCX, so you will probably get Spanish stuff before i do.

Enjoy that paint work!

·
Premium Member
5,395 Posts
Ooh, nice.

Got mine on order!

Say Jex, what's your connection with the SCX folk?

Tropi, yes I too would love to see bushes for sale (no, not talking garden centres here), never have. Kinda defeats the object not to. I'm told there is some fellow does ebuy auctions of 'em every now and then. Never seen one myself mind.

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
Tropi,
Both brushes and springs are available from Teamslot. I get them out of Spain but Sean should have them at Pentle. If you need part numbers let me know.

Jimmy

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have just recieved a SCX Product Sheet concerning Dome S101 Judd from my friend.

Here is the most interesting part of it copyed direct from the sheet.

Reference 61160

Technical specs:
- Weight 79,8gr
- Bodywork weight 18,9gr
- Total lenght 140mm
- Distance between axles 90mm
- Distance guide-rear axle 101mm
- Motor NEW RX-62C

Mechanics:
-New swinging system of the rear axle. It allows a very efficient performance on curves. None of the competitors models incorporate this technology.
- New spherical rear bearings which allow a perfect alignment between them, improving and smoothening the transmission.
- New motor RX-62C, special for Dome with a longer axle and a 18000 rpm power.
- Pro braids that improve th e electrical contact with the track.
- Pro tires, more softer to improve the cars road holding to the track.
- High-intensity xenon headlamps.
-ARS guide with suspension.
- Lighter bodywork than in the Audi from Slot-It and the porsche from FLY.
- Greater axle distance than in the other two models allowing better stability and gentleness of movement.
- The Dome incorporates adjustable and removable magnet without having to open the car. The magnets support is new being more robust and allowing a greater closeness to the track. the magnet is placed in the ideal position to race in the magnetics category.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts