The SCX Dome Judd is supposed to include the SCX pro-plus motor. Bascially this means that this car should go faster as the motor has a rated RPM of 19,000 compared to the standard 16,000 of the RX-41 which is included in all standard 2wd SCX cars.
I`ve got a meeting with Luca Porcellati SCX International Trade Marketing Director on Tuesday. He`s meeting me at Phoenix Club. I could ask him to clear up the above plus any other SCX Q`s you have guys?
As a matter of interest the point of our meeting is to discuss me setting up and running the European SCX Rally Championship. Any one out there interested? Let me know guys.
Belive it or not i have not seen one in the flesh yet!
I don't get review models until they are branded as SCX (not Scalextric for Spain).
I should be getting the review model early next month.
And will let you know.
Press release info:
61160 Dome S 101 Judd "Holland"
-Working lights: High-intensity Xenon Headlamps
-Removable and Adjustable Magnet
-Guide with Suspension
-Specially prepared for competition with pro turbo plus motor, pro braids, slick tires, lighter bodyshell and xenon headlamps
I have a press shot that i can post when Mr Material and Jules tell me how tonight!
The closest thing i can compare to at the moment is the Tecnitoys Scalextric Club car 2003, this was issued under "Competition Pro" and apart from the lights had the same spec as above, however it did not have a SRS type chassis.
Say Jex, what's your connection with the SCX folk?
Tropi, yes I too would love to see bushes for sale (no, not talking garden centres here), never have. Kinda defeats the object not to. I'm told there is some fellow does ebuy auctions of 'em every now and then. Never seen one myself mind.
I have just recieved a SCX Product Sheet concerning Dome S101 Judd from my friend.
Here is the most interesting part of it copyed direct from the sheet.
- Weight 79,8gr
- Bodywork weight 18,9gr
- Total lenght 140mm
- Distance between axles 90mm
- Distance guide-rear axle 101mm
- Motor NEW RX-62C
-New swinging system of the rear axle. It allows a very efficient performance on curves. None of the competitors models incorporate this technology.
- New spherical rear bearings which allow a perfect alignment between them, improving and smoothening the transmission.
- New motor RX-62C, special for Dome with a longer axle and a 18000 rpm power.
- Pro braids that improve th e electrical contact with the track.
- Pro tires, more softer to improve the cars road holding to the track.
- High-intensity xenon headlamps.
-ARS guide with suspension.
- Lighter bodywork than in the Audi from Slot-It and the porsche from FLY.
- Greater axle distance than in the other two models allowing better stability and gentleness of movement.
- The Dome incorporates adjustable and removable magnet without having to open the car. The magnets support is new being more robust and allowing a greater closeness to the track. the magnet is placed in the ideal position to race in the magnetics category.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to slot car owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about collections, racing, displays, models, track layouts, styles, reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!