Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Has anyone else seen or tried this great new motor From JK. The Hawk 6 is like a miniature Group 12 C can motor. it is slightly smaller than a 13UO but only 75% of the length. They are easily worked on and are held together with 4 mini screw. It is a great motor for retro formula 1 cars, I have just finished a 1971 Lotus 56B using one. They are available from ABslotsport and SCD. I have put in a picture so you can see one. Tony

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hy tony, ive got 3 of them. their very cheap. rebuildable. and they have all the right bits, as opposed to the hawk 7. 50000+rpm, neo magnets, a better brush end with a deeper bearing seat, that will take a ballrace properly, and monster torque. great fun in a braced plastic chassis on a ninco track with the right gearing and tyres[magless cars] whereas the hawk 7 is cheaper still. it turns 58000- rpm, ordinary magnets and a different brush end, too shallow a bore to put a ballrace in, and youve got to glue the bearing in, otherwise theres a chance of it tilting and burning the arm up. its only four and a half quid for an arm, so keep a spare in the box. it hasn,t got as much torque as the 6 and is more difficult to drive smoothly. drag race on every straight hit the brakes and excellerate slowly round the bend before you nail it again. a lot of motor for the price. right mr hawk can i have some free samples for giveing your motors a great write up. please! john

·
Tony
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi John
I agree they are far better than the 7, I have fitted ballraces in both ends of mine. I've also fitted an American Big Dog armature (55 turns of 30 guage) and it really flies. Mine is in a brass and piano wire chassis. The Proslot PS4000 Euro Mk1 range is the same type and size of motor but they offer a bigger range of armatures. Can't beat either of them for the price.

Tony

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
hy tony, ditto on the ballraces, 2 are in piano wire and brass chassis and 1 is in a slot it sidewinder n390. extra piano wire bracing in the motor box. cant imagine what there like with a big dog arm in. did you know in the states they,ve got a class in drag racing for these motors. they put even stronger emovendo the best or kenon neo mags in and a special wind drag race arm. and these missiles turn sub 0.5 sec passes. almost open grp7 times, with cobolt motors at £300 a pop. you get a big bang for very little money. you can use the endbell and brush gear on a standard fc130 motor. also jk i think does a relacement endbell to take full size brushes, that can be used on most fc130 motors, to make them rebuildable. john

1 - 4 of 4 Posts