SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I saw a batch on a car boot sale a year ago. Bloke wanted £2.50 each and I wasn`t tempted. On a club circuit they fall apart, motor and gears too fragile. May be ok on home circuit?

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I agree with 'jonny s',
a little fragile for a large track and they definately prefer a smooth surface.
The Super Karts are a little better as the bigger rear foil protects the rear wheels and easily bent rear axle somewhat.

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
We run them at Farnham - great fun, most have there own, but the club cars get used a bit and seem to be fine after two years of use?

Only tips i can suggest:

The Non Super Karts seem to be quicker, but the Super Karts (with the big rear wing) seem to handle slightly better.

On the Super Karts double check that the rear wing doen't touch the rear wheels (it's a bit tight).

Sand down the edges of the rear tyres a little this seems to help a little, otherwise they are a bit jumpy.

Good Fun!

Gareth
NSCC

·
Matt Tucker
3,560 Posts
Glue bushings in and the best thing that aides handling is loosen the drivers screw 1-2 turns. On a home relatively short circuit they are a blast - lack the oomph on longer tracks. Main driving tip - keep it smooth and not too aggresive otherwise you loose all the momentum in the corners and it seems to take an eternity to get up to top speed again.

Finally an excellent tip from Grah01 - put the drivers arms in the air so he looks like he's taking huge applause from the crowd. This appartent confidence gives an air of superiority and makes those who are physcologically weak around you crumble. Well it worked for Graham!
Matt

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Mooster is a member of the board and a friend a member of the club is a slight exaggeration.
However, with the arms up, a new spoiler is added.. Grah1 used his own design, it worked quite effectively..

Rob.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The last 2 versions of the "Super karts" (HP and Bridgestone liveries) have new gearing, which gives them a little more top end than the 1st 8 liveries they made. If you look at the gears, the red gears are the new ones. And yes, these red gears are available separately to make your older karts faster.
If you're running stock Ninco or Scalextric power, they scoot right along pretty good, and are a blast. Running them under 14 volts might be a little boring, unless you have a really technical track (very little straightaways).
I personnally love racing them on Scalextric track, because there is only a wee little room between them, and can be tricky to make passes.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
One point i'd like to make when running on Scalextric Sport, the karts can have trouble negotiating the borders supplied with these sets due to the lip on the kerbing. The rear wheels tend to hook on this lip, reducing momentum.

Also kind of disagree about whether smooth is best, found that they tend too slide/wheelspin which can be reduced by cleaning tyres regulary.

Then the other extreme, when running on Ninco, the cars lift the guide out of the slot (under heavy acceleration) due to too much traction from tyres. Mind you, the cars have better traction whilst negotiating turns, so given the choice, personally prefer too much traction, rather than limited.

I thought better highlight that these are just personal findings though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.