1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
ParrotGod
10,582 Posts
Pedro you read my mind. When I saw it I just thought NSR lost it.
The sad thing is that many "racers" out there will overlook this and buy it anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,865 Posts
NSR have always taken liberties but this is just a step too far!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Collectors will probably give it a wide berth,but for national series racers it's a different livery,from what I've heard it's the car to have in Wales and West, it's quicker than the 917/10 .
Those printed headlights are pretty horrendous, suspect most folks won't be too bothered about the open rear end, think the regulations changed for the 72 season.

·
ParrotGod
10,582 Posts
Good point about the open rear end VS the real model.
At this point (Pedro would excuse me for saying this) a nice gulf (or either castrol, repsol, and martini) fantasy livery would have been much more preferable. ;-)

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,152 Posts
Good point about the open rear end VS the real model.
At this point (Pedro would excuse me for saying this) a nice gulf (or either castrol, repsol, and martini) fantasy livery would have been much more preferable. ;-)
Not yet another Gulf/Castrol/Repsol/Martini car...now you've raised that point I quite like it :giggle:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Don't buy it if you don't like it....it's not that bad.

Jeeeeez! They really f*** it on this😬

I didn’t but any of the 917/10 because I thought they were ugly(IMHO), that’s compared vs the Fly which are beautiful but rubish on the track, perhaps the solution would be to put a Fly body on a Nsr chasis as @Trisha has done with some 917.

Please don’t pick too much on Wankel, he might have a heart attack and I don’t want to lose his grumpiness 😜

Cheers😉

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Ironically NSR can do a correct red 908/3, it's the 1970 practice car from the Targa Florio tests, think it was April, plain red, Stuttgart reg plates, small gulf stickers.
Suspect that sales and marketing are holding it back though, that's what I'd do, to do a twin set with the plain red 917, this also had Stuttgart reg plates and small gulf stickers.
This car was severely damaged when a mechanic had an altercation with a truck, think it wouldn't polish out and needed more than a tub of isopon and two rattle cans.
That'd be a nice set.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Not brain fade for once, the red car 011 was the ex Sebring/Daytona one, repainted from white.
Vic's trial 917 in the race practice was 020, blue/white stripes, this ran in practice at LM #24 but was unraced.
That red Targa test set would be very nice, but I'm sure pricey.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I have the two 908/3 sets(Gulf) released by Nsr , they are beautiful and perform excellent on track, I don’t know who came with the idea of the stickers for the lights, but it’s a definitely no, at least for me, I can handle slotization and bigger measures but that cheap trick of the stickers is rubish.

Cheers

·
Administrator
10,409 Posts
The black doesn't even get to the bottom of the front. It looks like they couldn't be bothered.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts