SlotForum banner
41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
David Collins
2,497 Posts
For me, it’s not the principle of stickers for lights that I find naff; I’ve used stickers myself and full-size NASCARs use them. The NSR 908 sticker lights are on a complex compound (3-D) curve, so they look like they’re all pointing in different directions They don’t even line up right at the lower edge.
Mike
Perhaps there’s a market for a more realistic replacement decal?

·
Registered
3,051 Posts
What if the representation of the light bucket was better? Put another way; Does it really need a headlight apperture to be acceptable?
The fact is Nsr has put lights in many of their models , so why this not? As someone else said, if they planned this 908/3 long time ago why not the lights issue/possibility?
I still think it’s a no no for this livery (IMHO) , just like almost all of their 917/10, I have enough 908 and 917 in variety of versions and liveries so won’t hurt if I skip this one 😉

·
Registered
711 Posts
I guess they either didn't plan for light appertures, or anticipated there would be no protest threads if they did tampo lights given plenty of cars in the past have had simular treatment.

Should the tampo lights fit properly (ie square and level) it would for me be more acceptable, that and perhaps a more convincing finish on the tampo.

I don't need this 908/3 either. I am happy they're introducing a lesser known livery, even if the headlight execution is off.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.