SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm sorry I've not been on for some time. My hybrid digital/analogue board layout wasn't challenging enough for solo time laps so I've not been using it. I've boxed up my digital layout for now and built a more challenging analogue layout. My current problem is that I've found that the pinions on 2 ninco anglewinders have split(1 leo's bmw black, 1 frutta megane red). I've got a proslot 355 ferrari icecream and ups porsche gt3 that need pinions. Where is the best place to get both types pf pinions from. I don't race anymore so they won't get hammered. I only want to replace the pinions on my ninco cars and I can only find them in complete axel packs. I'd like to give all my cars a run out once in a while.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Sorry, but my "hybrid digital /analogue board" couldn't agree at today's board meeting whether to give you advice or to tell you xxxxx.

Fortunately, the company secretary Lucy Ninco, blonde 42D, who it must be admitted likes to get hammered, stopped me posting such an email.

vbr Peeps should always be entitled to their own pinions ??.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re my first hitherto ascertion, I'd like to clarify the point that if said 'pinions' were in all actuality mine, They would have the more stable construction of retaining a solid edge very similar to the scalextric standard pinion. But ninco anglewinder and proslot sidewinders are of the pinion that doesn't have a firm trailing edge. For this reason even a light hammering leads to their pinions cracking. Thus exposing a lack of fore thought concerning their preconstruction. Whereas I'm of the pinion that you may have had some liquid refreshment just prior to posting the reply to my original inquiry. Although I have enjoyed our reposte, I don't seem to be any nearer to changing my pinion on the subject at hand. At the moment I've got 4 or five vehicles in my collection that can't be driven around my 'new' layout. If I may be so bold as to make a suggestion, please imbibe a couple cups of coffee, have a good codgitation and see if you can help me with my current disposition.......wittily if you like, but with a slightly more usefull outcome.....

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
ive never been able to buy these cone pinions, and i badley need 2. any supliers out there you know of. cheers john.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Assuming that the motor shaft diameter and pitch matches, would you consider replacing them with brass pinions? Longer wearing and less chance of splitting whether driven at a dawdle or 'hammered'.

In the case of the Ninco anglewinders the Ninco Pro-race anglewinder pinions should be a satisfactory replacement. They are available on their own and in 11, 12 and 13 toothed options. They may take a bit more fiddling to get the set just right on the motor shaft than the plastic/nylon 'cone' variety but they are superior.

Not so sure what would best suit the Proslots, but it seems one can rarely go wrong with Slot.it replacements (as I said assuming that they have the same sized motorshaft). Perhaps someone else could confirm this.

Embs

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've recently bought cars from 'LD discounts' and found them to be very usefull. I emailed them yesterday and they are going to email me when they get some in (which should be soon) I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello hghbarn. i'm still going to acquire new ones from LD Discounts, but what were you thinking of for yours? to use as spares.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
High barn is a top notch sloter and true to his word sent me two anglewinder pinions. I've found out why so many of you fit brass pinions instead. I only managed to get one to work as the one I tried to put on my Leo's bmw split during the process! At least I've got my megane going.I made the mistake of thinking that scalextric inline motor pinions would work in my proslot 355/911 sidewinder cars. I've tried the pinion from one of my drift nissan 350zs and that does the job nicely. So it looks like I'll sending off to LD discounts for some of them. Thanks again high barn.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts