SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
I have used them on Ninco (non-magnet) with good results and also on a routed track. There was an event earlier this year at Pinewood and i understand that they ran very well there so i imagine that running on "Sport" track will also be fine.

I think the "Legends" cars are going to be a very exciting prospect.

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there Wayne..

Being a big fan and follower of Pioneer cars, I can highly recommend them as excellent cars to run on plastic track and routed wooden circuits.

I raced a 60s white Mustang notchback at Pinewood earlier this year, straight out of the box, removed the magnet, and it ran great. very impressed..
Around my Carrera home track, and the 6 lane Pendle routed track, they also work excellent.
Great tail sliding action,but also very stable, Great Fun

Very much looking forward to the other great cars, Pioneer are releasing over the coming months..

All the best.. Martin De'Ath.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Hmmm... Can say it depends on what you want/expect from a slot. I run a Pioneer Mustang on Sport track. A change of tyres, some weight below the chassis and it handles like a dream rather than a nightmare. But the ponies are tall and narrow. Other promised releases should be less so. Will be interesting to see. Still not spent the time with the Charger that it warrants.

Embs

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Wayne,

If you're making tyres up, note that on the latest two releases (P032 & P039) the tyre retaining rib has been narrowed on the rear wheels. This was to allow the tyre to fit slightly better and improve ootb contact patch trueness. Previous models has a slight concave dip at centre of tyre. This has now gone. So if you are making a mould there are now, effectively, two profiles of the retaining rib. Note also that the tyre has not changed, only the wheel.

I hope you enjoy running your first Pioneer slot car.

Jules

·
Registered
809 Posts
Hi Wayne

I've got three Pioneer notchback Mustangs and they run well at NERCS, they are also good magnet cars on Scaley Sport but can't speak for them non-mag on that surface. If you want to try before you buy just give me a shout.

Cheers

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
I use a Pioneer Charger at home on Scalextric sport track and it handles very neatly. I haven't done anything to it so for racing it's probably not optimal, but for running at home it's really easy to drive.

It also looks stunning, which is part of the appeal I think

·
Registered
312 Posts
Nice pics, I have a few Pioneer cars myself but yet to test out on the NERCS track.

Still no new pics of the Javelin
, I holding out for this one....although those Cameros are looking good.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
My Pioneer Camaro seems to be very slow

I suspect I could make it go faster if I had one.

When Jules, when???

cheers
rick1776

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
QUOTE (AAWSCC @ 28 Sep 2011, 07:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>heck out facebook Rick, looks like the General with be with us soon and then the Camaro and Legend cars.

Cant see the General Lee being release without Rosco's Dodge Monaco. Just wouldnt be right would it. It would be like Bud Abbot without Lou Costello. Or Jerry without Dean or the the Two Ronnies but with only one of them. Just not right I tells ya.

cheers
rick1776

·
Tel
4,065 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 27 Sep 2011, 22:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Pioneer Camaro seems to be very slow

I suspect I could make it go faster if I had one.

When Jules, when???

cheers
rick1776

+1

·
Premium Member
1,487 Posts
QUOTE (rick1776 @ 29 Sep 2011, 01:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cant see the General Lee being release without Rosco's Dodge Monaco. Just wouldnt be right would it. It would be like Bud Abbot without Lou Costello. Or Jerry without Dean or the the Two Ronnies but with only one of them. Just not right I tells ya.

cheers
rick1776
That's an entirely new body moulding, interior and windows, plus adapting a chassis to fit. Only to get one car out of it?

I think Pioneer is maximising their tooling use by only doing cars they can get a few variants from.

But I can't wait for a great model of the General Lee

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I think when it comes to Pioneer nothing can be ruled out. They are releasing the AMC Javelin aren't they? How many models can you get out of that?
Quite a few of the liveries released so far had never been seen until they were on the shelves. They seem to get the livery out and then announce to the world what they are doing rather than the other way around. It's not normal behaviour I tell ya. Not normal!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I think Jules got his butt kicked by disclosing the General Lee way to early. I find it hard to believe that it was just a by chance accident that Scaly chimed in with the General Lee. Hence he plays his cards a lot closer to his chest now.

I can think of about 8 race liveries for the Javelin plus 4 left field liveries. Thats 12 all up. Then there are street versions which Pioneer tend to do very well and hopefully white kits.

Now the Dodge Monaco....did they ever race that box?? Maybe this version instead??

http://www.dodge-monaco.com/

cheers
rick1776

·
Martin De Ath
1,440 Posts
Hi there all..

The "General Lee" and "Roscos" police car..

Now thats something "worth" waiting for...

Keep them coming Jules (Pioneer).

All the best.. Martin.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts