SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Just spotted a couple of new Pioneer Mustang 68's on the "Circuitstoscale website.

First up, P032; Shelby Mustang '68 Notchback Trans-Am #2, blue, Dan Gurney

Next, P039; '68 Mustang Notchback Trans-Am, Car #28, red, Dean Gregson

Edit - just noticed someone else has mentioned these on another thread.

Regards Keith

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Rick1776, It's the Dan Gurney car from the Watkins Glen Race, August 11th 1968. For your purposes and preference, you can pretend it's the Horst Kwech one from Riverside in September (he won that race). In the earlier races in the season it was painted white and then yellow, returning to blue when Gurney took over the seat, according to my iPhone Trans-Am App.

Brum, brum, screech.

Jules

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
The Gurney car looks spot on there Jules. You have worked your magic once more, I will have to see what change I have.
I'm working on a 71 Challenger at present. progress slow, as other, 'HOUSE HOLD' things keep getting in the way.
Chassis is one of yours. see below, But I do need to update it. Like you, just never seem to find the time .

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
QUOTE (Pioneer @ 30 Jun 2011, 14:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rick1776, It's the Dan Gurney car from the Watkins Glen Race, August 11th 1968. For your purposes and preference, you can pretend it's the Horst Kwech one from Riverside in September (he won that race). In the earlier races in the season it was painted white and then yellow, returning to blue when Gurney took over the seat, according to my iPhone Trans-Am App.

Brum, brum, screech.

Jules

Got to go with the Aussie Horst Kwech. One of the few wins for Ford in 68 with that carp tunnel port motor (err hand grenade). Car was white at one stage??? Hmmm which races? It was baby blue at Daytona, Sebring Im not 100% sure off then got turned into yellow.

The only white car worth doing is the Big Pete Mustang. Most winning-est Mustang ever built.

cheers
rick1776

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Just lovely!

But Rick, as much as I like Kwech, I have to go with Gurney for obvious reasons:

That is on the old PDR, the new one will have some similar sentiments!

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Sorry what was I thinking. OK can we have the Peter Finch Camaro. I grew up watching this car circulating around AIR circuit in my youth. Come on Jules what about it. Its not for me its for AAWSCC. Honest *****, would I lie
Just look at that PC incorrect livery

cheers
rick1776

1 - 20 of 20 Posts