SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PRE-ADD ADDED TO
New body kits from Mac Pinches

the third series of Pre-Add gp body kits will be available at the end of february, we pick up the theme at the start of the 2.5 litre formula . Ferrari increased the capacity of the 2.0 litre to 2.5, the car was known as the 625 the design was alittle dated by now but it still took first place in some races, kit 16 represents the final development of this car. while the 625 held the fort, great effort was made to make the 553 and 555 cars competitive, but only achieving one win, the squalo,s where never a great success. it dose however make an interesting model. kit 17 shows the car as run at monza driven by castellotti . kit 18 depicts the lancia d50, possibly the most advanced design of this period, but lacking development and slow gestation it only lasted for 2 years, never showing its full worth , with the lack of resources and the death of Ascari, the whole tean was handed to Ferrari . to my mind the most stiking looking gp cars ever built and a must for any model car collection.The w196! every thing has been said about this car, 2 constructors titles, 2 world drivers championships in 2 years with the 2 best driversof the period,a hard act to follow . kit 19 shows the car in its open wheel design of 1955. The final car of this set is the 250f Maserati ,one of the prettest front engined classical gp cars ever built, driven by every one who was anyone in this period, scoring many wins, and still seen today at retro meeting taking on the best, kit 20 is the mid point of it,s development, the 1956 car. The next series will see the end of the front engined classics and the begining of the rear engined revolution.

For these kits contact Mac Pinches by email or personal messenger they are absolutly superb

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
as you could probably guess not my personal cup of tea but they are fantastic and if they are the same price as the others.. if anyone who is thinking about these.. I wouldnt wait guys these look awesome!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Hi

Sheesh, and I wasnt able to figure out how to get the previous issues!

As an "oh by the way", there were some 39 Maserati 250fs not counting the previous A6GCS models converted to 250 specs. a huge production run for an F1. Anyway, in 1/32 all the previous issues I know of areof the Fanuzzi bodied 57 car rather than the earlier, rounder, prettier 55 and 56 models. Strombecker did do the earlier body, but it was HUGE and doesnt look right with the others.
Now, how much from America!

Fate

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
I already have mine on order. For those who have not experienced these kits - they are beautifully done and make up very easily. One caveat - if you are going to model this era for the first time - you will be surprized at how small these cars are compared to the current limousine-sized rolling bill boards - Have a look at some of the photos of the period - for example, Gonzalez in a Ferrari - his shoulders are at the level of the "headrest"!
-and a request: I just received some of Mac's chassis kits but can't find a picture I know i had of one assembled - does anyone have one to post so I can figure out where all the bits go?

EM

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
Mac will be demonstrating at the forthcoming meeting and I`m sure he will be happy to explain aspects of his work and also present opportunities to take pictures. I only mention this so as to assist and in no way do I intend this as another ad for the event which has it`s own thread. Mac would appreciate interested parties approaching him and he is a great guy. I feel it right to promote his effort.

·
Al Schwartz
3,396 Posts
Pre Add projects (it's late and if the image transfer doesn't work the first time it won't happen untill tomorrow:

The 1838 W 154 kit - body, cast parts driver and decals
(this picture is down at the bottom - somehow I can't edit it back up here)

The slots for the axles have been cut. In this model, the exhaust is intrgral with the body molding - in most others (see below) separate metal casting(s) are supplied

The w-154 chassis - this is Patto's "narrow" chassis. Even at the furthest positon, the wheelbase was too short so the floating front end seen here was built

It just fits the body!

No currently available wheel in the proper diameter so its crank up the Unimat. the wheel is hld on by a 1-72 set screw through the "brake drum" the outside of the wheel will be recessed to take a cut-down 1/24 wire wheel insert. the front wheels are the ubiquitous Nincos

Here is an earlier project with one of the Pre Add bodies - the 1951 Ferrari 4.5. As you can see from the paintless top of the driver's helmet, this is no shelf queen. In this case the chassis is home brew and the rear wheels are BWAs modified to take Ortmann tires and cut-down Ninco wires as inserts.

Because the body/chassis fit is pretty close in this car, a very simple body mount is used - as you can see from the body picture, it just "snaps" over the front axle carrier (a square tube) and the rear axle. Not much point is ball bearings! There is already more power than the modest rubber can transmit so the little lost to friction is not a real worry.

Further reports as the W 154 progresses.

·
mac pinches
2,154 Posts
hi guys, first THANKS, to Graham for posting pics, for your kind comments on kits, to nuro for offer of a site. WHER ARE THEY,go to Mark Gussin,s site--www,mgussinfreeuk.com all the kits are on it, if you have a hour, wander round this site, it is THE best, not only is Mark a superb model builder, but he features some of the best modelers work taking in all aspects of motor racing, plus pics of the real things, but the sheer professionalism in the way it is put together will make your eye,s water!!!. i beleave he is totaly unaware of the stature of his site ,ACQUISITION from pre-add 30 swallowfields drive hednesford staffs ws12 1uq phone 01543 871849 e-mail [email protected] COST pre-war kits £16.00 post-war £18.00 plus p&p by cheque or credit card. phone details.CHASSIS "monoposto" lazer cut steel chassis {has 6 wheelbase settings} at £17.00 fits most kits, MRRC slimline or clubman do a good job, i will post 2 simple chassis to be made at home, 1 brass tube type, and for people who have no soldering skills, a epoxy gluded type. sorry i have not posted these details and pics before, but the people who know me understand i still have trouble with the thingy that controls the tele!!! this all started with people wanting copy,s of the cars that ran in the first marconi proxy race, plus a little proding from a mr Gussin, it started as a hobby but now it drags me along with it, hope this has answered the questions posed .if more details are reqd mail me regards and thanks again macp

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.