SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Coming soon!

For the history of this great car, check out Dennis David's website.

Kind regards

Russell

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE Coming soon!
Kind regards
Russell
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wowser!!!

I'm not a big fan of open wheelers. For this Ferrari, I'll make an exception!

Of course the driver will have to go...

Greenman62

·
Alan Tadd
4,030 Posts
Very Interesting Russell, and a very good Prototype choice, not too many Formula 2 cars about. More importantly it's a Ferrari so I'll build it!.

I'm not a great fan of Resin chassis, but this doesn't look too bad. I assume it has been designed for Ninco running gear?.

Any idea of release date and price?.

Regards

Alan

·
Registered
571 Posts
I recently bought a Protoslot Ferrari 275. I was REALLY impressed

Not only did it look good but it ran very nicely too. I bet when it is sprayed up in a shiny red this model will also look fantastic! Protoslot are doing some great work at the moment. I want one now!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Those are the Cartrix Mercedes W-196 wheels and tyres so maybe it will take Cartrix gear this time round?

Not a terrible choice of wheels and tyres although they (of course) can be far from round and the tyre compound does not like being trued, it is too sticky. Still the Merc runs well without too much work and I am trying to get it to run on a par (it is way faster at the moment) with the Scaley recent early F1s.
Still can't decide wether to fit Scaley parts to the Cartrix or Cartrix parts to the Scaleys or go for something different for them all.

Any ideas guys?

This Protoslot Ferrari will go well with them if only for the Era!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Swiss,

I would add the Cartrix tires to the Scaley's with some added weight. They may be a bit wide scale wise but I personally think it adds a little muscle to the look plus I think you'll get better grip.

As far as this car, where do I sign up. The selection for these classics seems to grow by the day.

Jay

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Dr Pea - my first thought was 'why must the driver go' also but then I saw who wrote it - If the last few paint jobs by Greenman are anything to go by the replacement will justify the work

Look forward to seeing a glut of photos showing the finished kits guys!

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
Why?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/quote]

These guys would never let me get away with a "store boughtened" driver...

Greenman62

·
Phil Kalbfell
3,373 Posts
Greg: I agree with you the drivers make the cars. Most of the drivers fitted to the RTR cars are terrible. The car is great though,hope they release it as a body only kit though.
I like your Alfa GTA I thought I was the only one silly enought to build one of them! Mine is the 1750 version though!

I used the Team Slot for the base and made the gaurds now they have just released this version.

Phil

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm looking forward to this kit as well. Nice surprise to see this one.

Also, Greenman, where do you get your drivers? Just awesome work!

Thanks,
Steve

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
I agree!

Give us a how to and I wont edit all your pics with Scaleys Mr Blobby heads!

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE (Swissracer @ 11 Nov 2004, 16:24)I agree!

Give us a how to and I wont edit all your pics with Scaleys Mr Blobby heads!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, okay!!! enough with the subtle hints already!

I've got an article I started a few months ago... If you don't mind sharing it with the Slot Car Illustrated forum, I'll dust it off, update it, get some pix (I'll have to build another driver to take pictures of) and send it on...

Greenman62

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
We don't mind sharing it, as long as we get the better, more desirable upgraded version with stuff the other guys will never know about....
Tough break, having to build another car. Gee whizz. I sympathise.

Whatcha gonna make? What? What? goody goody goody!

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
I understand that Greenman can paint and shape a pretty decent driver, but what is wrong with the proto-Slot-Kit drivers? So far the ones supplied in the Lola T70 and the Ferrari F2 look like darn good to me, and I am one moaning about the awful drivers embarrassingly found in some of the best detailed models such as the FLY cars.
As far as I am concerned, the 1/32 scale Alberto Ascari in this little model has the right stance, the right helmet and the right attitude.
Where am I wrong?
Regards,

Dok Pea

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
QUOTE (TSRF @ 13 Nov 2004, 23:40)As far as I am concerned, the 1/32 scale Antonio Ascari in this little model has the right stance, the right helmet and the right attitude.
Where am I wrong?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Where you call him Antonio? I believe his name was Alberto. which you should know, or are you just testing us, Doc P?

·
Premium Member
5,147 Posts
QUOTE Where you call him Antonio? I believe his name was Alberto. which you should know, or are you just testing us, Doc P?

No, it was brain fade. It's Alberto of course, his father Antonio was of course, killed in 1925 at the wheel of the world-champion Alfa P2. It's because I had in mind this beautiful and large (20" long) tinplate toy of the P2 and my mind wandered...

Ten lashes for me.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts