SlotForum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
MRRC are planning on releasing the following this year. Some of the models have been previously announced:-

- Porsche 935 Turbo Gr.5 "Le Mans"

- Toyota Celica LB Turbo Gr.5 #6

- Shelby Cobra 427SC "Silver"

- Special Edition Legends Chaparral 2F with figure

- Special Edition Legends Cheetah with figure

- Special Edition Legends Porsche 935 with figure

Kind regards

Russell

·
Registered
160 Posts
Yum! Looking forward to seeing what their Cheetah will be like - and will it fit on a Clubman chassis!

I wonder if the Scarab will ever show up too....

Paul

·
Registered
392 Posts
I hope they will use screw on rear tyres : their red Scaleauto motor is so fast that used to throw away the plastic ones.

Btw I had , long time ago, a Scarab 1/32 ( a Monogram kit I believe ), and I will love another one today.
Ciao

·
Registered
186 Posts
Wahoo! a 935!

and the red celica (I've been waiting for that one, as I had a bburago 1/24 diecast of it when I was little).

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
My secret hope is that one day MRRC'll re-release all those other gorgeous Monogram models, the Lotus 33 and Ferrari F1, Lola T70 and Mk 6 GT (oh blimey I come over all shivery just thinking about that one...). David Lawson even showed me pics of a '65 Ferrari 250/330 LM I didn't know existed. But I guess now Revell/Monogram has got back into the action the licences will be more complicated.
Plus all those great old original MRRC models- the Merc W125 and Indy novi Ferguson with 4WD, etc etc. But I guess I shouldn't be greedy. The present line up is fab. And anyway I'm saving my money for the full-sized Howmet TX LeMans car which Russell Sheldon tells me is currently up for auction after it's Goodwood appearance... Cheap scratchbuilds only for me until I fire up the turbine and scare the neighbours.
But votes for MRRC as best revived company??? They get mine.

·
Russell Sheldon
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, a re-make of the Monogram Lola T70 won't happen, Howmet.

I have it on very good authority (from John Robinson, MRRC, when I enquired about a year ago), that the original mould acquired from Monogram is too badly damaged.

You will have to drool over this....

Kind regards

Russell

·
Premium Member
5,398 Posts
Shame, I'd have gone for a T70 Spyder.

I think the jury is still out on MRRC as far as I am concerned - they need to speed up the delivery of their products, especially if one they announce is a Le Mans 935!

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
QUOTE (Wankel Ickx @ 27 Jan 2004, 02:55 PM)Shame, I'd have gone for a T70 Spyder.

I think the jury is still out on MRRC as far as I am concerned - they need to speed up the delivery of their products, especially if one they announce is a Le Mans 935!
As already mentioned here, ProtoSlotKit is doing the T70 - but only as a kit.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
On another MRRC subject... Why is it so hard to get Cobra Chassis?

It seems nobody on this side of the `pond have them and have no idea when they will be available again.

Greenman62

·
Registered
160 Posts
Probably because the NMRL have snaffled them all up!

Greg - try Pendle Slot Racing - they're listed as in stock on the website...

Paul

·
Administrator
4,887 Posts
Something else for Howmet to drool over - for my money one of the nicest slot cars ever, great to drive very realistic and of course driven in real life by the finest driver ever.

David

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
QUOTE (Rich T UK @ 27 Jan 2004, 10:46 AM)Wahoo! a 935!

and the red celica (I've been waiting for that one, as I had a bburago 1/24 diecast of it when I was little).
My question is which 935 ?

The customer version (935/76) ? (as done by Matchbox in kit form)

The 935 from 1977 ?

The Moby Dick (935/78) ?

The 935 K3 ?

They all raced at Le Mans ! My guess is that it will be the 935/76. I would prefer the Moby Dick or the K3 but it would still be great anyway.

Regarding the Celica, I don't remember the red one racing with the number 6. Rolf Stommelen drove the Celica in 1978 and since he was the 1977 champion, he had the number 1 car.

I wonder if it would be an alternate blue version though I don't recall any number 6 car either !

·
Registered
186 Posts
I don't suppose there's anywhere on the net that goes through the variants of the 935 showing the differences?

particularly, I'm interested in the version that had the flat nose, but the 934-style flared arches (instead of the full-width body extension of the car modelled by exoto and matchbox) The variant I'm describing is the basis for the 1/24 motorized tamiya model (and, if you're familiar with them, the original transformer known as "Jazz") I've never seen a picture of that car racing...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Some great news!

Admittedly, not quite so fussed with the limited editions, hopefully the driving figures will be better presented (similar to Fly) rather than MRRC's previous effort, the car was fantastic, packaged very nicely, only to be let down by a duff figure.

I think MRRC despite their small lineup, both releases are of top notch quality, great overall shape and run very well, very pleased with the news.

Just hope there isn't too long to wait!

More pics of the Toyota (Diecast):

Ebbro Toyota Celica Turbo Group 5 Schnitzer Rodenstock

The above pic just highlights what a nice job MRRC did with their version, captured the shape and detail rather well.

One more of the real car:

Jamie

1 - 20 of 31 Posts