SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2,342 Posts
QUOTE (Rich T UK @ 27 Jan 2004, 10:46 AM)Wahoo! a 935!

and the red celica (I've been waiting for that one, as I had a bburago 1/24 diecast of it when I was little).
My question is which 935 ?

The customer version (935/76) ? (as done by Matchbox in kit form)

The 935 from 1977 ?

The Moby Dick (935/78) ?

The 935 K3 ?

They all raced at Le Mans ! My guess is that it will be the 935/76. I would prefer the Moby Dick or the K3 but it would still be great anyway.

Regarding the Celica, I don't remember the red one racing with the number 6. Rolf Stommelen drove the Celica in 1978 and since he was the 1977 champion, he had the number 1 car.

I wonder if it would be an alternate blue version though I don't recall any number 6 car either !

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Schnitzer entered BMW's as well. In 1977 they had two turbo 2002's (sponsored by Rodenstock) and one year later Harald Ertl became champion on a turbo 320 (sponsored by Sachs).

Rich,

Regarding the "flat nose" 935, save for a very few exceptions, they all are !

LS,

there was a 935 with a similar livery in 1977 as well. They finished third overall if I remember well (Claude Ballot Lena being one of the two drivers).

· Registered
2,342 Posts
Rich,

The car on the picture is the 935 from the Mugello race (flat nose with round lights and rounded tail).

Since there was some controversy about the nose, Porsche brung a 935 with a traditional nose (and rounded tail) for the race at Vallelunga. The private Egon Evertz team raced a similar car.

When Porsche got the green light for the flat nose, they brung it back and they put a square tail as well. Somtimes the nose would have 4 front lights instead of two. Thta's the number 40 car.

The customer car for 1977 (and 1978) used the same body (flat nose, two front lights and square tail). Some added an additional aerodynamic piece under the door (it's called "marche pied" in french).

Thanks for the link Thomas !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.