SlotForum banner

New Renault Megane Trophy by BRM

9K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Sylvain 
#1 ·

News from BRM of a new model available from the end of September. Two standard livery releases and several limited edition colour ways. 1;24th Scale RTR Cars

BRM018 - #15 Beelen - 2010 Eurocup Mégane Trophy by Equipe Verschuur - Driver: Wim Beelen (NL)
Assembled Slot Car model in Special Box - 752 numbered units Worldwide

BRM017 - #7 McGregor - 2010 Eurocup Mégane Trophy by Equipe Verschuur - Driver: Bas Schothorst (NL)
Assembled Slot Car model in Special Box - 752 numbered units Worldwide

In addition to those 2 version, the white kit will be immediately available:
BRM019 - New Renault Mégane Trophy - white kit
It will be supplied with all transparent parts and the Lexan cockpit already painted

As some of you may already know, this model is built with a completely new concept for BRM.

The BRM Mégane has a plastic chassis with an Angle-Winder motor pod, plus fully tunable rear suspension and front axle.
The body fixing system to the chassis is the same "Fast Opening System" BRM adopted in all their Toyota 88C and last Porsche 962C production. BRM track tests, performed by expert slot-drivers, have already shown great driveability with the model just outside the box. If short-tuned performances are simply amazing!
In addition, this model has been designed and developed to give its best even on NINCO tracks!

Furthermore, BRM are pleased to inform you about some VERY SPECIAL AND LIMITED EDITIONS, coming together...

BRM017G - New Renault Mégane Trophy - "the Grey" - limited numbered edition 40 pieces Worldwide

BRM017P - New Renault Mégane Trophy - "the Purple" - limited numbered edition 40 pieces Worldwide

BRM017V - New Renault Mégane Trophy - "the Green" - limited numbered edition 40 pieces Worldwide

BRM017W - New Renault Mégane Trophy - "the White" - limited numbered edition 40 pieces Worldwide

BRM017Y - New Renault Mégane Trophy - "the Yellow" - limited numbered edition 40 pieces Worldwide

BRM Model Cars - Italy
Francesco Cian Seren

See less See more
#7 ·
QUOTE (Flange @ 6 Sep 2011, 08:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>BRM sadly have lost all momentum in the uk
But those that love the product need to get behind it and support it

#8 ·
QUOTE (Flange @ 6 Sep 2011, 08:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't mock 1/24 before you've tried it

I love 1:24 and having taken a selection of "Big" cars to my local club for an evening almost won everyone over. They liked the racing but not the price of decent race quality cars. That said, we race NSR cars for one class only! Seen the price of them? We raced on Ninco track and it was just big enough. Give it a go one night. You'll be surprised at how good it can be.
Check out the grid here...................

Sadly for me I no longer own any 1:24. The suspension on my Land Rover ate my collection.

#10 ·
QUOTE (Bishop IRL @ 6 Sep 2011, 17:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But those that love the product need to get behind it and support it

Sadly all I can say is value for money/ quality wise BRMs are getting smashed by scaleauto were introducing them into the brm class at molesey as the brm class is running a bit stale although the racing as always is good , just try the scaleautos you will be amazed (and that's coming from someone who is staying with their brm but only because it's fast (about 2 tenths a lap quicker at molesey than it was at your event last year)

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
I love 32nd racing but 1/24th is really how I get my jollys. BRMs and Scaleauto cost more than(most)32nd cars but there is a lot more raw material to them and they are top-quality products. I agree that BRM have lost momentum with the long wait for the Megane-I hope the quality of the product regains that a bit. IMHO four 1/24ths racing together looks awesome-always assuming your track is four lanes! If you don't race 1/24th why not give it a try?
TED...

HPSCC-scale racing in the North-West

#14 ·
QUOTE (Flange @ 6 Sep 2011, 08:41) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Don't mock 1/24 before you've tried it
. BRM sadly have lost all momentum in the uk and I think if this was released a year ago sales would have been far higher than they will be due to scaleautos quality 1/24 products

I wasn't knocking 1/24, I think they look great but I run SSD and I really can't afford to start getting addicted to 1/24, expecially with the carrera cars.

QUOTE (Camber @ 7 Sep 2011, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yeh, racing 32 scale on plastic is awesome

Well I love it and for me that's all that counts, when you have 100m long tracks with dozens of tight to drifting corners its my preferred track. - This is not an argument, this is my personal feelings to my personal taste, which is not everyones.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.