SlotForum banner

New Resin Bodies

12K views 37 replies 27 participants last post by  13davek 
Thanks Sean, for giving us the opportunity to air our views in this way. Firstly I would like to second the suggestions for mk1 capri, jap gt cars (current and old), Morgan aero 8, corvette c1, and lotus esprit. To those I would add the following -

Karmann Ghia
Landrover bowler wildcat (or any top flight rally raid machines)
Lotus elan (60s)
Lotus exige
Mazda rx7 (1st shape 1980?)
Porsche 928
Renault 4cv (mille miglia)
Saab 93 (the old 50s version)
Triumph TR2
Triumph TR7 (correct 1/32 scale)
... and many more, especially 60s saloons and GTs.

I agree with Graham that Oca currently provide the best price/quality combination. Ideally they should have at least vac formed windows (any chance of a vac window for my A2M mk11 jag? I can't cope with the acetate ones) and if possible, clear resin headlights. I tend to use off the shelf chassis (mrrc, ninco) so a chassis would only need to be provided where the body is too narrow for a readily available item. For me scale is very important, not necessarily down to the millimetre, but a car should look right when placed next to another car of the same scale. Of course the proportions have to be right - easy to say, but I guess very difficult to do.

As for painted or not. My max spend on an unpainted body would be about £20, this would only rise to about £25 for a painted one unless it was one of my favourite cars in a colour scheme impossible to for me recreate at home in which case I might go up to £30. So if you can add a good paint job for £5 or so then go ahead.

That's my contribution over for now,

mdhnn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.