SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
5,669 Posts
I've been looking at these little fellas for some time (while hopping from foot to foot and murmuring 'bad boy' to myself) in the local model shop.

They do look a lot better in the flesh than in any picture I've yet seen and in terms of how scale or not the proportions are, I had a quick look at this:

Darn... not talking myself out of it yet. Anyone got any horror stories for how they drive? Non-magnet particularly appreciated!

· Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Thanks a million chaps... looks like the piggy bank is now in mortal danger! I'll get my Pre-63 LM entries sorted first and then indulge myself. I've just got a little diddy Carrera setup after selling off pretty well everything fun-related in the past few months and this looks like an ideal home racer.

· Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Hmmm... makes me wonder what it would be like with the magnet removed, as it sounds like it could be a wild ride on a big, unfamiliar wood track. As a result I've chickened out and bought a pair of the TKP resin 550s - the 1957 and 1958 cars - which will get a mild tweaking (Oz-Race motor rather than NC1), but should put an emphasis on slithering about controllably rather than hellzapoppin performance.

That said, 13davek's lowered car looks absolutely fan-tas-tic!!! I will probably end up having to get both the Revell cars at some time simply because of the look of this one... how much/how was that lowered? Let's have a look inside... please!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.