SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Registered
5,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I ran mine last night less than a 30 secs from handing over the money - shortest gap from retailer to track ever? - and it's quite nice. Very Revell/Carrera like.

Looks good with lovely wheels, so good I'm glad I haven't started that Carrera 6 conversion.

Only critisisim would be the driver looks too small (as in 1/38 scale), and sits as if perched on top of rather than in the car. He is wearing a nice polo neck, rolled up over his chin though.

Oddly, they have put the motor in the front, I presume so the traction mag could be closer to the rear axle.

· Premium Member
5,669 Posts
I've been looking at these little fellas for some time (while hopping from foot to foot and murmuring 'bad boy' to myself) in the local model shop.

They do look a lot better in the flesh than in any picture I've yet seen and in terms of how scale or not the proportions are, I had a quick look at this:

Darn... not talking myself out of it yet. Anyone got any horror stories for how they drive? Non-magnet particularly appreciated!

· Matt Tucker
3,717 Posts
I disagree with Scott - with a bit of work they work suprisingly well without magnets. The tyres are nice and grippy. The guide does not sit in the slot v much out of the box but that is easily resolved - shim the guide (I used copper tape) and then it handles pretty well. Check out my review on GS for more details of the mods I undertook.

Matt

· Premium Member
5,669 Posts
Thanks a million chaps... looks like the piggy bank is now in mortal danger! I'll get my Pre-63 LM entries sorted first and then indulge myself. I've just got a little diddy Carrera setup after selling off pretty well everything fun-related in the past few months and this looks like an ideal home racer.

· Dave Kennedy
533 Posts
Mine is a mixed bag. Great model, terrible performance. The car has more that its share of "Ninco hop". You can only do laps at minimum throttle (wood track) or the car deslots from the hop.

I lowered the car a lot, it's much closer to the real stance now.

Having said that I do like the car a great deal and am glad I own it. Now I'll just have to slow it down.

DK

· Registered
340 Posts
I had the pleasure to drive one this weekend. Right out of the box it was perfect. My only complaint would be that it's too fast for the other MonoRev cars. But, that's because the tires are smaller in diameter than the rest and the magnet sits much closer to the track.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.