SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been wanting to do a Rally track for awhile now. My limited space and because I am the only that uses my tracks, not to mention I love rally racing also. I figured a Rally track would be the best thing for me. I started on my new one lane Rally track yesterday and I have made good progress so far. I got it routed yesterday, cut out and the elevations going today. I still need to get the bridge area and supports finished along with cutting and routing the piece for the bridge. I hope to get the supports and final elevations done tomorrow with any luck.

Plan drawing:

After being cut out:

Elevations:

·
Registered
362 Posts
hey looks nice ,i ve made a few rally wooden track in my time and the only thing i would say is think about your surface ?? Rally cars are great but once in a while its nice to blast a gt car around, wot about making it a concrete/asphalt surface that way you can have the best of both worlds??

just my thoughts Dan

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys, it is such a good feeling having a new track project going again. Well I was able to get the elevations and bridge section finished this morning. I tell ya that bridge section had me going last night and couldnt figure out the best way to do it. Anyway its done and just waiting on filler for screw holes which I will get done during the week. I havent decided what type of surface yet. I really like the Argentina and Austrailian rallies so I my try to replicate one of those. Here are a couple more pics.

·
Registered
398 Posts
You'll be looking for some squashed lizards and dead roos then........

I'll have a look out the back !......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nice little track ListerStorm, thank you for posting pictures of your progress.
I live in an apartment, so that's the kind of track I'm looking for.
Could you please tell what's are the length and width of that track ?

Jacques

·
Registered
386 Posts
QUOTE (Biased turkey @ 15 Dec 2008, 06:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Nice little track ListerStorm, thank you for posting pictures of your progress.
I live in an apartment, so that's the kind of track I'm looking for.
Could you please tell what's are the length and width of that track ?

Jacques

The track and table length are 4ft wide x 8ft long.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (slot_132 @ 16 Dec 2008, 01:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>very nice track!! where did you get the valvoline "welcome race fans" banner from??

Believe it or not all I did was send them a email asking them if they had banners for sale along with my address and they sent me 2 of them free of charge. Very cool I thought.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thank you Listerstorm for the information about the track size.
That information is important to me because my wife and I live in an apartment and I was allowed the space of a ping-pong table for my 2 hobbies: modelrailroading AND slotracing.
So I'll use the ping pong table ( 5' by 9' ) for my new Scalextric track and ... build an N scale modelrailroad switching layout on a IKEA shelf.
So everyone will be happy.

Jacques

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After alot of picture searching I have decided to copy the third stage of the Argentina rally in Cordoba for the scenery on this track. I have a few turns on it similar to what is on that stage so with any luck it should look a little similar to these pics when complete..

·
Registered
662 Posts
Hi Lee

Your circuit is coming along nicely... going off the photos you've attached, I too reckon it should resemble something similar to Rally Argentina, what with the turns you've got in place

Just one thing though... don't forget to add the all important cocoa powder to the race surface

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Very nice start. And will also be interesting to follow if you're gonna replicate a specific special stage .. So remember to take lots of photos and keep us posted!

Btw. someone in V-lines PR departement has their heart in just right place! Very nice of them.

.. regards ..

-- ron --

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I need some opinions... I have been working on painting the track the last 2 days trying to get things right. As you know I am trying to copy the Argentina rally which is all sand/dirt/rocks. I have been trying to get the correct look of tracks on a dirt road by blending different colors and wiping them with a damp sponge to blend everything together. All I ask is please be honest and dont worry about hurting my feelings..lol Im trying to make it as realistic as possible so I need someone else's opinion. I have been looking at it so long I cant even tell what looks right anymore..lol Without the rest of the scenery its hard to imagine if it will look right or not so maybe once there are other colors around it that would also bring it out more.

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
That is looking good! Are you using acrylics? Just keep looking at the real thing in your photos and adjusting your track colour and texture to suit. It may be a good idea to get the tape down now.

I too love the banner. Often, you only have to ask. I've just asked a big question to an important person. If it works you'll read about it here!

Keep up the good work.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.