SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am proud to present our new routed track for the MVSCC (Mahoning Valley Slot Car Club). It was built in August of 2005 to replace a 4-lane Carrera track. The track is owned and operated by TR6er. It took us about 2 weeks of long days and nights to get this up and running. Track dimensions are 25' long x 16' wide at the "L". Over 100' per lane running length. It is painted with 2 coats of flat latex and 1 coat of Poly-Acrylic Clear Coat. Which provides some very good traction.

The track is alot of fun to drive. I would like to thank TR6er for letting me be a part of the building experience.

Dave

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Guys! We run all kinds of cars. We run strictly stock tires. No sillies aloud. Believe it or not, they grip really well with the Poly-Acrylic top coat. It is flat latex paint. The top coat is a satin finish. Looks glossy because of the camera angle and light. The new 1/24th Carrera GT cars run great. The slot-it's run really well on this track too. Very fast.

·
Registered
137 Posts
QUOTE (Noahracing @ 24 Jan 2006, 04:18)Thanks Guys! We run all kinds of cars. We run strictly stock tires. No sillies aloud. Believe it or not, they grip really well with the Poly-Acrylic top coat. It is flat latex paint. The top coat is a satin finish. Looks glossy because of the camera angle and light. The new 1/24th Carrera GT cars run great. The slot-it's run really well on this track too. Very fast.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Now You making me REALLY JEALOUS!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks Dave for putting the track pictures on the board. I really appreciate all your help on the track. Lanes are around 110 feet. Slot It cars are the quickest around the track at about 9.2 -9.3 seconds. We run too many classes, around 24 at last count. All cars are run "stock", we allow trueing and glueing. We also condition the rear tires to soften them and improve their bite. We race every Friday evening at 7:00 pm. Usually 8 to 12 guys show up. Race management is handled by Trakmate windows vs 5.1. We race Round Robin with rotation, 2 minutes per lane for a total of 8 minute. The sit-outs handle the marshalling. Some of the classes include: DTM, Carrera Classic NASCAR, Scaley modern NASCAR, Fly Classic (closed cockpit), Fly Classic (open cockpit), VMG CanAM, Scaley IRL, Scaley TransAm, Scaley Formula 1, Slot It, Fly Porsche EVO (there are so many liveries they have their own class), Ninco Classic (NC1 powered-my favorite class), Carrera 1/24 Modern GT (Corvettes and 575s), and others to convoluted to mention.

TR6er

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Top class and looks great to drive with lots of room for learning where to snip those vital 10ths of a second

Interesting that you split Fly Classic into open and closed top too, what do you allow car wise for the closed class?

I would also like to see some timing results for the Carrera 1/24 575 and Vettes along with power data?
Only because I am a nosey sod you understand

We also have a couple of these cars (ebay USA they are SO damn cheap!! I picked up the 575 for 25 USD each and a little more for the Vette which is understandable but how the hell can they even start so low!! anyway I digress) and they are so slow on our track even with the voltage up to 18.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello Swiss,

On the Fly closed cockpit we are allowed to run any one. The T70's, GT40's, 917's and the Cuda Lunga's. Must be a classic. Open cockpits must be classic as well. The open and closed cockpit classes are some of the funnest to run. The stock Fly tires grip really well.

We will be running the 1/24 Vette's and 575's this friday. Hopefully I can remember to get you some times as to how well they perform on this track. The stock motors that come with them are, IMHO, junk. Very slow. A club member of ours came across a discovery to put a NC-2 motor in them. A very good decision because they are ALOT better. On a whim, I tried a Vanquish motor in a 1/24 Red Jag and it was a little too much torque was what I was told. Fast though. Don't quote me on it but, I believe we run these @ 15 volts with the NC-2's.

$25US for one of these cars is a steal. Usually they run aruond $45US at the LHS. Glad you could find such a deal. We are trying t put together our next Enduro race with these cars.

Oh, and TR6er you are very welcome.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Isn't it just brilliant with these routed tracks how you can produce climbing and or dropping long assymetrical sweeps, smooth "squeezes", and look at those beautiful "not straight" straights. Fabulous.
CJ

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Noahracing - Ok so please let me know, with pics if possible, how you get an NC2 or VMG motor into these Carrera cars !
That could be the answer we are looking for but I am positive the Carrera stock ones are bigger and I had simply assumed they would not fit.

thanks

Swiss'

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Swiiss,

First and foremost this credit goes to Carrera Kid for the findings.

I do not have any pictures of it, but, all you need is hot glue. Yes the carrera motor is bigger, in width, but the same length. You have to trim some of the motor mount away on the pinion side because of the tabs the wires are soldered to. Take the pinion off of the carrera motor and use it on the NC-2 or vanquish motor. And with a little hot glue, you can glue it in place. I believe CK made a great find in doing this. A whole different experience.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Swiss,

To answer some of your questions. Open cockpit Fly Classics include: Chevrons, Porsche 908s, Porsch 917 Spider, Porsche 908/3, Porsche 908 Long Tails, or a Porsche 917/10. The quickest are the short wheelbase 2 part chassis cars: Chevron, 908/3, 908s, and 917 Spider. We used to have just a Fly Classic class, however the short wheelbase cars dominated and as a result none of the larger heavier closed cockpit classics (T 70s, 512s, 917) were ever raced. We decided to split the Fly Classic class so we could run are beautiful T 70s. 512s, and 917s. We are considering creating a Fly Classic Longtail class 908s, 917LT and 512s Coda Lunga(spelling?). The NC2s are the same thickness as a stock Carrera motor, however the are considerably thinner. The Carrera screw-in motor mount clamps down firmly on the NC2 so the motor can not move up and down. The motor can move fore and aft, so a bead of hot glue on either side solves that problem. We run the 1/24s at 15 volts and you can't believe it is the same car. Braking and acceleration are excellent. They look great side by side on the track. I will make a note of the lap times this Friday and let you know what times the stock cars are turning as well as the times of the NC2 equipped cars.

TR6er

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Excellent! thank you for the responses !

I am going to try the Carrera conversion and will let you know how I gt on, trouble is we are already at the 'ditch the complete chassis and add a Plafit one instead' stage so persuading folk to back track might be a problem.

Fly Classic, still interesting, we do not separate and have a huge mix, I will get a photo of whats in the series at the moment. The only one we banned was the GT40.

Fastest on the track at the moment are a T70, 512s short tail and a 908s

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.