SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if you were expecting the answer, 'cos this is the question instead

The new Scalex renault f1 and new tvr have a new guide system. Is it any good in practice? can old cars be modified to use it, or the new ones converted to take the old system?

if anyone has an opinion on this, I would appreciate it! thanks

dave

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
good points, not tried it but if you can find my TVR thread in the cars section from a while back maybe using search function.

Rob.
p.s it's ok, but they could have made it better. its not deep as it could be and its not too swivelly either!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmm the jurys still out on my new TVR with its new guide blade set up, being no expert on these matter and not wanting to judge the new system solely on my TVR but at present it's slower than my Mustang and puts in the same lap times as my Porsche 911 GT3R's, and if anything it seems a little unpredictable by the way of deslotting as well, so based on that I cant say its a improvent!!!!!

Sunny

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Not wanting to start a mag vs no mag argument on this board but I must point out it takes a different style of driving to drive a fast magnet car.I have always been a no mag driver untill I raced on wrexhams track and prestons mag braid and it is not just a case of button to the floor and off you go .Magnet racing is closer to the the level of performance you get with a wing car on goop than a lot would envisage,it is important to get the right level of down force to get a quick lap too much and you go to slow too little and your not going to corner quick enough or go deep enough into the bends to be able to exit on full power.If you think its easy come to Slot- tech at Preston and beat my lap record of 3.825 sec for the 100ft lap .Magnet racing can be just as much fun as non magnet both types have a set of different skills . Real men can do both
Graham

·
Registered
199 Posts
QUOTE (GRAH1 @ 20 Dec 2003, 08:49 PM)Magnet racing can be just as much fun as non magnet both types have a set of different skills . Real men can do both
Graham
Hey, you guys.

I was only kidding
We had that discussion here in Denmark "to death", so I wouldn´t go into that again. But I race (most) of my cars without (25 m. Ninco home-track). Lots of fun

Danny

·
Graham Windle
4,445 Posts
Thats ok Danny me an young Rob are nice guys really just joking ,Real men ride Harleys (or did till the wife made me sell it).
Seriously though welcome to the board every ones cool here its just Robs from wrexham

Graham

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
the cheek of it!

sarcasm doesnt carry on the board.. must stop, must stop

Rob.

p.s some pics tomorrow.. batteries in camera have run down since last sundy

1 - 10 of 10 Posts