Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I just got my new scalextric sport williams FW26 delivered. Lovely looking car but what happened to the comment in the sport box. There is normally a small description of the car and what it has won. In my williams it is just blank. What is this about.

Also what do people think of the new renault. Will it make a good running partner for my williams.

Thanks It66

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'vw had the new Renault since Christmas, and it is now my favourite car. It is much faster then the rest of my F1'1, so i'm hoping when I get the new williams, they will be evenly matched.

The detailing of it is superb

·
Registered
161 Posts
QUOTE There is normally a small description of the car and what it has won.

Well it wasn't the most sucessfull car ever was it?

Still surprised at the lack of blurb though.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Hi Guys
I have to say that the new scaleys F1 blow me away I been trying to set a new track record (track carrera 56 feet elevatod due to space) mrrc cobrac 3.102 ,FlY Vipers 3.251 but the new scaleys blow my mind wicked fast (ops added some magnets 3 of them yes I'm speed freek.
Love em
CADDY

·
Registered
571 Posts
I have got the Scaley Renault and Williams. Both MUCH faster than my other F1's and a very good match for each other. The Williams is slightly faster on my track since it seems to be slightly more stable through the corners.

JS

PS This Williams NEVER won a race. It was the non Walrus nosed version, and highly modified car that won the final race of the season.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
the new williams and new renault make a great racing pair! One crash had the nose of the williams hanging on at a funny angle, but it clicked back into place (phew).

Its a pity the recent mclaren mercedes release does not have the new motor. Then again, at least that means I don't have to rush out and buy it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (68 CADDY @ 9 Jan 2005, 23:18)(ops added some magnets 3 of them yes I'm speed freek.
Love em
CADDY

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Caddy,
I purchased a new Williams walrus version....added a low profile button up front and three races later....motor is gone. How were you able to add three and not burn the motor...? Either I received a defective motor or these are not suitable for adding magnets.

The owner of the store and track called Scalextric to get details on the motor since the cars are new to them as well....they told him they were just the GP Motorcycle motors...

Can anyone recommend a replacement motor? The motor seems to be a thinner than a normal motor due to the constraints of the bodywork...

Thanks

·
Registered
759 Posts
Great cars! They look fantastic and run really well! I love the extra zippy sound that tha motor makes as you rev it up, especially if you have a long straight to let it open up properly! My experience this far is that they are well matched to the performance of the new Renault as I managed to get a 4.17 time with both cars at Ged's track in Melbourne straight out of the box (Wood track with long straight and sweeping corners). Great cars with a nice feature that the front snapps out in the case of crashes to avoid permanent damage. Get both the Williams and the Renault if you can, thay are head sholders above any other modern F1 out there now!

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Tim W @ 30 Jan 2005, 00:15)I purchased a new Williams walrus version....added a low profile button up front and three races later....motor is gone. How were you able to add three and not burn the motor...? Either I received a defective motor or these are not suitable for adding magnets.

My son did this to a Scalextric muscle car I forget which but it had a big magnet set quite lo down. I gave it to him to play with whilst I got on with something else. The magnet was so strong that he was able to keep it on for ages - 20 minutes in fact - after which time, he complained that it was sounding funny. It wqas also smelling funny. Not only was the motor shagged but the chassis had bent with the heat so wrecking it.

The best I can suggest is that if thhe magnet is strong, don't try marathons with the car. The problem with strong magnets is that the cars will not only go faster but they will need more juice to nake them go that fast (to overcome the extra friction, etc.)

No. I don't know of a replacement for this motor. I'd be interested to see if there is one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (LMP04 @ 30 Jan 2005, 13:43)The new F1 motor is the same as the Moto GP motors. Easily available spares.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the reply....
Replacing with the same motor doesn't really do me any good...
Guess I should have asked about a retrofit motor....like a slot.It motor instead of the GP motor....one that can handle the extra downforce? So far the only thing I see are the GP motors from Scalextric..nothing after-market....unless I'm looking in the wrong place....

Thanks again....

·
Gary Skipp
6,476 Posts
It shouldn't be burning out like that. What track are you running? Standard scaley sport?

I doubt you'll get a slot.it V12 or likewise in the new motor mounts.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I tried the car with the mag in on a scaley classic track, and I was amazed at how stuck down it was, so I'm amazed that you're adding more to it
...but then again I don't run any cars with mags so who am I to talk
But I've never had to replace a single motor. ...rip that mags out and let the motors live

·
Alan Tadd
4,029 Posts
Guys.

I think you might find the MOTOGP motors are in short supply at the moment, (Perhaps Scaley used up their stock for the new F1's).
A similar motor is available from Electronic Goldmine in the States, but you will need to Bulk buy to overcome their minimum order thing.

Regards

Alan

PS Toby is right, these motors perform far better without the added distraction of car magnets. Try lead instead, you might like it!.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts