SlotForum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings All...

Just wanted to share a pic of my newest scenery item. I scratch-built the Porta-Potty & cast them in resin:

In case you have never seen a picture of the 'Circuit du Soleil' here is an overall view. I will have a website online soon!

Thanks for looking!

Bill W.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Bill - the track looks fantastic! I really like the Porta-Potty too! Nice work there.

Are you located in Denver?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi David,

I just left your site
Your work is absolutely fantastic, Love It!

I am in Aurora (east side of Denver); You are down near The Springs (I think)? I have some good friends who live in Monument.

Are you ever going to make that transporter again? My track is set in the mid-to-late sixties & it would fit right in.

Bill W.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (TR7_Driver @ 14 Jan 2012, 16:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great looking track, love the loo's, do they come with authentic smells?

Not yet... I haven't figured out a way to do 1/32 scale smells!

Bill W.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greetings All...

I just registered www.circuit-soleil.com but don't have the site up yet. I've never tried to design a web site before, so that is a real task, & I also need a "host" for it. I'm looking into free hosting services. It will probably be several weeks before I get anything accomplished towards that.

I will post an official announcement when something is up. Meanwhile here is acouple of "artsy" shots of the pit area. The tall control tower is an old Scalextric one that I built the top story for:

Thanks for looking!

Bill W.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Bill, I love the pit buildings and tower. Very cool!

I may redo the transporter this year....the master needs some things redone for me to be happy with it. I'll let you know.

I actually live in Monument! Woodmoor to be exact. Let me know when you're headed this way!

·
Registered
468 Posts
What a lovely track Bill! I like the design very much, and the blend and ratio of "scenery items" to track is spot on to my mind and eye. I also like the porta pottys; I bet the price beats the 1/35 Verlinden product, and looks at least as good if not better. Very nice work all around.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE (SpaModeller @ 16 Jan 2012, 16:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What a lovely track Bill! I like the design very much, and the blend and ratio of "scenery items" to track is spot on to my mind and eye. I also like the porta pottys; I bet the price beats the 1/35 Verlinden product, and looks at least as good if not better. Very nice work all around.

Thanks You, Sir. Coming from you, that is the pinnacle of compliments! Although I have been messing around with this for the last couple of years, I have only recently begun to focus on what I really wanted to portray & am working towards that goal...
... When I first saw the pics of Old Spa I was completely blown away. You capture the essence of "classic" racing (in my mind) & set a standard for me to work towards. Your work is absolutely awesome!

Bill W.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts