SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts

Mercedes Sauber C9
#63 3rd Supercup Nuerburgring Sept. 1987
Driver: Mike Thackwell

The Mercedes Sauber C9 (evolution of the Sauber C8) was a Group C race car, created in 1987 by the partnership of Sauber and Mercedes-Benz.

Developed according to the Gr.C regulations, the car featured a monocoque aluminium chassis with carbon reinforcements,
and had a weight of 850 Kg.

In 1989 the Sauber C9 proofed all its worth winning almost all the World Sport Prototype Championship races.
Powered by a massively powerful 4.973 cc V8 Turbo, it also took part in the 24h of Le Mans in 1989 with three cars that reached the finishing line,
arriving 1st, 2nd and 5th.

Car n.63, driven by Mike Thackwell, raced in the "ADAC Supercup" at Nuerburgring in September 1987 and ended up 3rd.

In 1990 the Sauber Mercedes C9 was replaced by the Mercedes-Benz C11.

Slot.it reference: CA06e

Alfa Romeo 33/3
#54 1st 1000 Km Brands Hatch 1971
Drivers: H.Pescarolo - A.De Adamich

The Alfa Romeo Tipo 33 Sports Prototype was designed in the mid-1960s to race in the World Sports Car Championship.
It succeeded and won the Manufacturers' Championship in 1975, and again in 1977.

Designed by Carlo Chiti, a famous Italian engineer, the several variants of the car were raced by the Alfa factory and by many privateers as well.
In 1971 it won three World Championship races: Brands Hatch, Watkins Glen, and Targa Florio.

The T33/3 cars featured a monocoque chassis, panelled in aluminium and magnesium, a V8 2994 cc. engine, and a 6 or 5 speed sequential gearbox.
Top speed reached 330 km/h.

Car n.54 is the winner of the 1000 Km of Brands Hatch in 1971.

Slot.it reference: CA11c

Both cars will be available from the end of October.

·
Tel
4,075 Posts
Oooh that sauber looks very tasty, almost as nice as the now "hard to find unless you want to spend a lot" Kouros livery.
Does the Sauber come with the C1 compound tyres ?

·
Premium Member
2,704 Posts
Love the Alfa. I just wish they would bring out the Targa winner.....

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
The Alfa looks great. Wonder if the motor shaft is shortened (both ends) so it doesn't rub on the tyres like earlier versions.

Allan

·
Vendor
2,948 Posts
Hi All.

The Sauber incorporates a few technical changes: chassis has been updated to the latest EVO6 design - that is, it has fully adjustable front axle riding height, and the motor cradle placement has been improved, as well. Plus, it is possible to mount it as anglewinder with the EVO6 motor mounts. The side turbos are now placed on the chassis.
The rear wing has been reinforced by a new type of attachment to the body, and the rear panels changed so that it is not necessary to remove them to use the spring/magnetic suspension.

Both cars come with the new tyre compound.

The S2 tyres under the base are replaced by an Allen hex wrench.

Regards
Maurizio

·
Tel
4,075 Posts
Thats great Maurizio, one is certainly coming my way on release

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
The allen hex wrench is an unexpected but very welcome surprise! Slot-It are absolutely top-notch in my book. Here's wishing Maurizio and company a long and prosperous run. That means we'll all be getting some excellent goodies for a long, long time

·
Vendor
2,948 Posts
QUOTE (Rleog @ 14 Oct 2010, 00:10) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Maurizio

Any chance you'll be releasing a Sebring 72 Alfa livery?

Maybe in the future but the 1972 Sebring cars were the 1972 body type.

For the 1971 version we still have to make the Targa Florio winner, and some unexpected decorations - yellow brasilian Motoradio Angel Munhoz - blue and gold Trento-Bondone 'Riccardone Benelli' car - red and blue Vaccarella, Buenos Aires -

Regards
Maurizio

·
Registered
270 Posts
Great shots.

Slot.it - Does the Sauber come with a racing wing as the Mazda and Jaguar's did? If not do the older style wings fit?
Incidentally great choice with the new Lancia

·
Registered
8 Posts
QUOTE (Slot.it @ 13 Oct 2010, 13:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi All.

The Sauber incorporates a few technical changes: chassis has been updated to the latest EVO6 design - that is, it has fully adjustable front axle riding height, and the motor cradle placement has been improved, as well. Plus, it is possible to mount it as anglewinder with the EVO6 motor mounts. The side turbos are now placed on the chassis.
The rear wing has been reinforced by a new type of attachment to the body, and the rear panels changed so that it is not necessary to remove them to use the spring/magnetic suspension.

Both cars come with the new tyre compound.

The S2 tyres under the base are replaced by an Allen hex wrench.

Regards
Maurizio

Maurizio,

I really like how you continue to innovate your platforms as you release new liveries. Do you know when the new chassis will be available??? Also, is the interior same as the previous releases? The reason I ask is because you recently changed the interior of the Porsche 956/962. Lastly, can the new turbo detail pieces be adapted to earlier releases when upgrading to the new chassis?

Thanks, RickyBobby #26

THX, RickyBobby #26

G

·
Nice cars and I am sure they will find their way to the public only I will pass. I will be waiting eagerly for the just announced Lancia LC2 from 1988, that is such a beautiful car and I know at least 4 to 5 different liveries. Since I have had this car in 1:24 scale (Tamiya Tamtach body on Plafit) I have been waiting for someone to bring this car in 1:32 scale.

Several times I gave hints to Maurizio in treads and it seems he listened, as he always does! For me this is the biggest news so far and I am sure the car will be shown in it's full glory at Nurnburg.

Here a link to the first prototype shown at Slotlandia: link On the pictures I can see the mirrors are attached to the cockpit and not to the front fenders. Can I expect the 1991 Le Mans nr 15 from the Veneto Equipe to be the first livery? I think that's the only LC2 with mirrors attached to the cockpit as can be seen in this picture

Thank you Slot It for bringing this Lancia LC2

·
Vendor
2,948 Posts
Yes there's an extra racing wing underneath
I am not sure about the release date of the new chassis but might be available together with the car (I cannot check right now)
No changes to the cockpit
You can use the new turbo placement but must remove the old ones on your old C9 bodies if you change chassis

Regards
Maurizio

1 - 20 of 55 Posts