SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
QUOTE (Trg888 @ 20 May 2010, 05:26) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Well Bob, let me know if you work out something with that, we can copyright it then!

A bit more progress on my layout with the Tunnel mouth and the Barriers on the bridge.

I used aluminium tubing on the barriers, it looks good I think. As I've got the train clearance and a car track above that with clearance I couldn't really use a stone bridge arch, well it could defy miniature gravity I guess!! So used a motorway style concrete inspired bridge.
Jim

Love the bridge barriers... really look the highway part.
Just wondered how you attached them... those spacers between the aluminum tubing does not look familiar.
What did you use to hold the tubing and attach it to the road bed?

Following your progress with great interest... keep up the good work!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Thanks, Jim.
Looking forward to it.
Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
There are 4 things I like about your layout:

1) integrating rail and road in the same scale
2) a very interesting hill climb using 270 deg chicane curve, nonetheless
3) a varied scenery approach with arches, retaining walls, overpass railings, tunnels, bridges, etc.
4) modular sections (I see the joins) so that this can presumably be moved?

Awesome work!

Now, your original layout only showed part of the road network in one corner of the room. Do you have any further plans mapped out yet?

This is a very intriguing layout.... I am following it with great interest!
Keep up the high quality work!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
You are very brave constructing a scenery layout without a completed plan!
Kudos to you for such bravery and talent!

I am still wallowing in a track design swamp plus other events that have delayed progress.

I look forward to seeing your progress until such time as I can actually DO something!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
There is a road going through that villa?

Pics please.... we have to see that!

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
What does anyone think of using the standard HO gauge as a "distant track" to give perspective to the slot layout?
I know HO is really common for railroad sets so it put along the back of a layout it could force the perspective as long as the RR tracks do not come close to or cross the slot track.

Comments?

Cheers!

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Trq888,
Are you going to secure the track to the wood base or just let it float?

If you are securing it... what method will you use:
1) silicone?
2) Scalextric clips?

I am planning to secure mine since it is hoisted up and thought it might need something above the wood and under the plastic to silence the "clatter" of track on wood. What are your plans?

I enjoy following your developments... keep up the excellent work!

Cheers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.