SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Hi Trg888/Jim .. Great start to a track!

As your space is squarish and the track in modules, why not try different scenic settings for each corner? As perthor noted, UK .. Isle of Wight, huh? .. how's a bit of Welsh gravelstage in one corner? Dusty Greek roads in another? The italian setting of course is already there. Four corners of Europe, perhaps?

If you're on PC for Track Designers, the mostly used here I think is TrackPower>> .. Great little program but for a fee. But you won't regret it!
SlotMan>> is a freeware .. Good for starters & editable. No digi/off-set pieces though.
UltimateRacer 3.0>> is also a freeware. Might be suited nicely as it's also editable. Both SlotMan and UR allow you to do your own track-part-libraries. BUT UR allows you also to make off-set [digi] pieces, or model-railroad turnouts and such. And texture them! I did some model-rail-part-library into my UR. [not sure if I saved them]

Take a peek at those. And just give a shout if you want some guidance ..

-- ron --

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Trg888 ... GeraldL has a point there! Actually, I'd think narrow gauge [=smaller sized cars/wagons & locos] would fit the scenic concept better. The windling alp roads or such.

I'm no expert but I'll give you a hint. Get a copy of Railway Modeller [Peco] or a similar UK magz. They've got lots of adds for stuff like that. But my guess is that its mainly 00 [1:78 in UK] and perhaps 10% or less of the stuff is 0 [1:43] and often kits. But 0 is more popular in UK than anywhere else, I think.

I know that Peco [UK] made 0-scale track years ago. Not sure if they still do. Hornby also had some. You could also take a peek at Flea-bay>> [why they've put it under "collectables" I just don't know!]. There's a lot of track for sale a.t.m. but most seem vintage.

You might find some cheap 0-scale chassis for locos or bases for cars/wagons. If deciding for even narrover gauge, 16.5 [=H0/00 in UK, plenty of stuff to choose from, you'd get close to 2' or 600 mm track] I also know the Fleischmann Magic Train for H0 track being reliable and used for scratch-building for bigger scales. As that is perhaps what you'd have to do. Modify the stuff, up-scale it a bit. Sorry I can't give you hints on any more specific brands though.

Here's a linky to some great stuff A Virtual Narrow Gauge Exhibition>> The stuff anoted as 7 mm. is scale 0, the next ones are bigger.

So ... no need to waste money on Märklin, if you're not wading in it ... but yeah, you've got two Porsches so ... so no big deal, huh?

-- ron --

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.