SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still very much work in progress, but thought I would show my progress so far.

This is my main SSD track, all copper tapped up. Probally why I have a bad back

Hope these pictures come out ok, its been a while since I last used photobucket.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Cracking tracks PJF, the rally circuit looks to be coming on nicely!

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, over the next few days I will take some more pictures and I will try and sort out some track plans.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Looks good. While a plan / overview would be great I'm more curious about the angled posts in the center of the layout.

·
René 'Vialli' Christensen
4,861 Posts
Still more work in progress????
I would be very satisfied if I had done what you have done!
It's brilliant!!!
But.... there's always a but...... we need a close-up on the pitlane!!!!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Wish I had enough space for one decent track, never mind two! Both looking good, I must live relatively near you, don't want to intrude, but if you are ever having an "Open House", I'd love to see them in the plastic,

Dave

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was hoping to have some time tonight for landscaping but did not finish work till late. To answer some of the question:

Bleep, Zero5, Jwait. I can give you an over view shot of the analogue track but the SSD is to big. Can anyone recommend track design software thats ok with Vista ?.

JWait. The posts that you can see hold the roof up. Its all in the loft.

JeffSCXd. The sizes are: Analogue 1.9m x 1.9m. SSD 1.8m x 5.5m. Hopefully soon I will post the track plans.

Slotrace.dk. Here are some pictures of the pit lane. This track was completed a while ago, I did post some pictures back then. There have been a few changes to the track with the main being digital and copper tape.

Bleep. Working pits would be nice but I only have six chipped cars at present so my time and money is being used on hopefully chipping atleast another 20 cars.

Here are some more pictures of both the tracks.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Two very nice looking tracks. Excellent Work

Can I ask a couple of questions. In the pic featuring the Porsche and the Astons what material did you use for the fencing? Also, what did you use to secure the Scaley borders to the infield (same pic).

Cheers
Mikey..

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Mikey,

The fence is from B&Q, its a metal mesh. £10 a sheet for approx 1m Sq.

The scaley barriers are nailed down on both ends. Just drill a 3mm hole down the outer edge and put a long panel pin through it.

Paul.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Fantastic! Your tracks are a thing of beauty!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Hi their PJF

Nice looking track or should i say Tracks. just a couple of Q? how did you get that Dtm looking so batterd and bruised did you use paint, is a slot car or just 1/32 static model.

also good use of paints on those hiddeus scally figures you have inspired me to over hall mine cheers.

Regards Nik

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hi slicknik.

The DTM Astra is a static model from Revell. I warmed up the front over a gas burner then used a large screw driver to push the front of the car in.
The windscreen is just scratched using a sharp wood screw and on the wheel arches/sills I applied a bit of silver paint.

Thanks for all the interest, I'm hoping to have some time this weekend for a bit more finishing off.

Paul.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.