SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Steve Wright
619 Posts
Landed today in the UK !

Teamslot's Renault 5 Maxiturbo Rallycross car.

Ref PDV01012107.

Driven by Gerard Rousell in the 1987 French Rallycross Championship.

Powered by Teamslots TS11 Glory Motor 25k RPM at 14V.

This car comes with 4WD using the Pulley System.

With the latest crown, brass bushes and twin magnets.

Mudchukka

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 9 Jul 2012, 17:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What's with the odd wheels?
There's at least one image on Google of the 1:1 car with odd wheels on.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
You can see the Renault here too........ YouTube, good clear image at around 20 seconds in and spitting fire at 06:17

Wonder if they'll bring out any other rallycross cars?

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Your link takes me to a sign up for Google accounts, Stu, but that would be the only AWD R5 Turbo I've ever heard of.

·
David J
3,182 Posts
The link should take you to a list of RallyCross champions of France, the 1987 champ is listed as Gerard Roussel driving a "Renault Maxi 5 4x4". Many of the references I have found refer to this particular car as being four wheel drive (not unusual for rallycross but very unusual for Renault 5s I admit). Those rallycross boys are a breed of their own though..

·
Registered
534 Posts
The front and rear tyres on the slot car have markedly different tread patterns too. As far as I remember, the 1:1 Renault R5 Turbos were mid-engined (no back seat), rear wheel drive beasts, not 4WD.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Its a rallycross car not a road car. There are lots of 4x4 cars in this class that where 2wd on the road. Look for the Xtrac Astras.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
QUOTE (DJ @ 12 Jul 2012, 04:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those rallycross boys are a breed of their own though..

Need weird. Who's gonna make the Jan de Rooy DAF? There's even a picture in a SF 2004 thread.

SCX 2CV with big tyres?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts