Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first attempt at building a racetrack was going quite well at the time, unfortunately due to an unforeseen accident..I had to dismantle the old London Raceway Park, which in a way was a good thing since as a newbie I made a few mistakes in planning, etc which caused more frustration then anything else. The origional was L shaped which at the time looked great, but wasn't very forgiving in terms of driving, as you lost sight of your car when racing against someone else. So I dismantled the whole thing and started again, making sure I had a good line of sight for the drivers. Track walls are made from 1/8" vinyl tile cut into 1" strips. Buildings are boxes cut and painted to suit. Ground cover is green sawdust.

A view of the start/finish line and pit area

The front straight

Pitroad and garage area

More pics to follow

·
Registered
24 Posts
All the track is 1/43 Artin. I live in London Ontario Canada. And thanks for the kind words. A bit disheartening to have to start again, but just gains me more experience not to make the same mistakes this time round!!!

·
Premium Member
8,227 Posts
Hi Ed.
I was in Canada last week. Lovely country!
There`s a new 1/43 section on Slot Forum.
You should post there.
Cheers,
Kev

·
Bill Beggs
1,947 Posts
QUOTE (Ed Burchell @ 24 Oct 2011, 13:16) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All the track is 1/43 Artin. I live in London Ontario Canada. And thanks for the kind words. A bit disheartening to have to start again, but just gains me more experience not to make the same mistakes this time round!!!

QUOTE (loosesalute @ 24 Oct 2011, 14:03) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Ed.
I was in Canada last week. Lovely country!
There`s a new 1/43 section on Slot Forum.
You should post there.
Cheers,
Kev

Kev why did you not stop in? Shame.

Ed I will be in London for a few days beginning on Nov 8. Relaxing at the Lamplighter Best Western by the pool.

bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts