SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking to get Carrera Evolution starter set. Im 35 year old very expirenced with video games even from amiga era when i was 5 year old. I got radio controlled cars that go 110kmh. So i want go fast with slot cars. I mainly want get anolog set coz analog cars are cheaper. Minor reason is that im not so sure if digital works as good as analog. I looked some set. What this turbo button mean? I really want drive aggressive fast and do good lap times with stock car.

I looked some youtube videos. Most drive so slow. Is thear anything that i should know?

digital that i looked(i really dont like ferrari, not even spoilers) 169€

analog. i like cars alot more. 125€

thinking also get longer straights to get more speed

·
Rich Dumas
3,994 Posts
It is actually difficult to make a good video of moving slot cars, I expect that many videos have been edited to slow things down a little. Carrera makes great looking cars, but they are about the slowest ones that you can buy. A person seeking cars that travel at warp speed would have to swap in more powerful motors. There is a limit to how much power a stock car can put down, to get a car that you can actually drive you might also need to install more powerful traction magnets. More powerful motors might require a larger power supply. Cars with a lot of magnetic downforce tend to deslot without warning, leading to crashes that will knock off mirrors, wings and antennas.
People that stick with the hobby frequently dump the traction magnets to get cars that drive more like the real thing.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,152 Posts
I did wonder...flat out speed is meaningless on a slot car track unless you're only going to build a long drag strip, anyone can build a car to go fast in a straight line.
Have you looked a drag slot racing?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I did wonder...flat out speed is meaningless on a slot car track unless you're only going to build a long drag strip, anyone can build a car to go fast in a straight line.
Have you looked a drag slot racing?
i want put long straight lines on track. atleast one long straight line. i got room 3x2 meters

·
Greg Gaub
16,404 Posts
ok, just trying to get a bead on what you're wanting. speed is relative, and I have no idea what you saw that you think is slow.

Is this slow?

1 - 20 of 48 Posts