SlotForum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Where did you get that track planning software? Does it do Scalextric Super 124?
i actually did try one AND it was extremely hard put track on that kinda space.

im getting my starter set next week.

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
I want go about this speed.
OK, good. Those are Thunderslot cars on a routed wood track running at 12v, which is common for the kind of racing I like. That's a video from my club race this past Monday. Thunderslot cars are in the same class as NSR, Slot.it, ScaleAuto, and others... these are "hobbyist" or "professional" slot cars, as opposed to the "toy" cars sold by the companies that sell track sets.

Are you wanting to make a sectional plastic track layout, or do you think you can handle a router and some MDF dust?

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
im getting my starter set next week.

That answers my question.
Carrera track is tricky to get into tight spaces, but you can probably get what you want in your drawing above.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
OK, good. Those are Thunderslot cars on a routed wood track running at 12v, which is common for the kind of racing I like. That's a video from my club race this past Monday. Thunderslot cars are in the same class as NSR, Slot.it, ScaleAuto, and others... these are "hobbyist" or "professional" slot cars, as opposed to the "toy" cars sold by the companies that sell track sets.

Are you wanting to make a sectional plastic track layout, or do you think you can handle a router and some MDF dust?
im gonna use carrera plastic race track parts.

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
It is. Are you going to get more track than what comes in the set? If so, don't get any more R1 turns. Get some R2, R3, or even R4, along with a pack of quarter and third straights to help get the ends to meet up. You don't want too many repetitive turns.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
It is. Are you going to get more track than what comes in the set? If so, don't get any more R1 turns. Get some R2, R3, or even R4, along with a pack of quarter and third straights to help get the ends to meet up. You don't want too many repetitive turns.
Track come with 10 x 60radius turs. i need get more straights.
Light Eyelash Circuit component Font Auto part

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
Just trust me, and don't buy any more R1 turns. Use what you have until you get other turns, but don't get or plan for any more unless absolutely necessary, and all other options have been evaluated and determined untenable.

I have spoken. ;-)

·
Greg Gaub
16,385 Posts
Ah, the age old and perennial controller conundrum. They are very personal. Some people will love one controller and hate another, and another person will be the exact opposite.

Before spending money, try holding the controller differently, such as like a spray bottle where you pull the plunger with your index finger. Also, it might be that the spring is just a bit too strong. You might be able to go to a hardware store, or order online, to fins some springs of similar size, but of different resistences, that you can replace in the controller for a better feel and control.

Or, you might find that you want a better, adjustable, electronic controller like club racers use. Although expensive, they are a great investment in the hobby and will help you enjoy it much more, which usually leads to a longer lasting enjoyment of the hobby. If you haven't already looked or gone, it would be great to find a local club/group that you can visit to see what they use and learn from their experience.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts