SlotForum banner

New to slot cars, and debating on a track

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  MrFlippant 
Each type has advantages, as you know.
Not that I want you to spend more, but as a relative newbie to slots, you might find that the perfect layout doesn't come right away. It's a lot easier to tweak plastic than wood. Eventually, you learn what elements you like best, and can formulate the ideal wood track, or even a smoothed out copy of the plastic track you finally settle one. And guess what? You can sell the plastic track. Oh sure, it won't fetch what you paid, but you will have gotten a lot of value out of it already. Selling a wood track is especially hard unless you have friends with the same space wanting to fill it up.

As a huge fan of digital, I'll never tell anyone not to get a digital starter set and add to it. some places are even selling a new "upgrade" kit that comes with the APB instead of the less satisfying 4 car base. There are many examples of routed digital tracks already online, and more popping up each month. I think digital is more fun than analog, but I do enjoy analog quite a bit. Ideally, a routed digital track with analog ability would be ideal, and is something that I plan to work toward myself.

Either way, you're bound to have a lot of fun building your track and running cars on it. So, welcome to SlotForum, and have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.