SlotForum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm new to slot car racing, a friend and i are looking at doing drag racing at home... looking at the scale 1/64 would be the best ad a quater mile would equate to just 6m of track. but looking at cars and tuning everything seems to be aimed at 1/32 scale. were looking at doing some heavy custom work, we both airsoft and can work on our rif's, so the electrical side of things wont be an issue.

so, how common in drag racing in the UK, and is 1/64 a viable option?

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
We bring a 1/4 mile dragstrip to most of the EAHORC national meetings.

AW make the strip, but you can add extra tomy track, and even routed if you wish. You don't have to limit yourself to the AW cars either, although the John Force cars do look the nuts and the forthcoming top fuelers look mental.

Are you in Chesterfield?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a club in chesterfield, iv had a look online but couldnt find any local clubs... i'll have a look on the club list on here.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
How long before you move?

No HO clubs up where you will be moving to, but the races I organise take place on Sundays so if you don't mind travelling you could get your HO and drag fix that way.

If you do go the home drag racing route, be sure to post pictures and videos to this forum...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah they have cars i can borrow, but unfortunately with work i wont be able to get to a meeting untill the next season starts, thats why im waning to buy the cars now... just a couple, one of each to see what type suits me.

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
I would check with Pasiro on here with regard to the best chassis and bodies to get for their various classes. You may as well get what works best and save time/money. I know Paul (Pasiro) will help you out because he is passionate about getting more racers for his club. Historically they have never been very dynamic at that, and their attendances over 20 years reflect it, but Pasiro is trying to turn that around.

Pasiro: http://www.slotforum.com/forums/index.php?showuser=17818

1 - 11 of 11 Posts