SlotForum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cartrix are quietly up and coming with new releases and oddities, well at least for me.

I like the Z3 but until now they have been street racers and Street versions are not my purchases of choice so when I saw this offeringfrom the 'Auto Tour de France 1997' I HAD to upgrade..

The upgrades suprised me, cockpit detail has improved as have the compound and tread on the tyres and a new motor ! I look forward to testing because the street ones are Great runners. ( See 'swap shop' )

Only obvious downside are the drivers themselves, not terrible but could be sharper..

The second is also Cartrix ( although only in Street livery so far ).

Their Boxster, in 'Gemballa' livery. One of the harder to find and certainly less well known, it also has great detailing and the new motor and tyre compound.

Worth attention are the Great wheels too.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Wow... nice improvements made all over on the Beemer! Love the wheels over the ones they have been using.

This one below was a Radtrax special, part of the "buy four chrome cars for $60.00", although not being a fan of chrome cars I decided to make her into something looking a bit more race-like...

I agree that these little cars are under rated. Ample power for such a small car and a blast to run once the tight gearing was run-in a little... Stock rubber worked surprising well on my Carrera surface and so far they are still soft. I've heard rumors of the stock tires becoming hardened with age.

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hey Smithy..

I like the yellow repaint

whose decals?
and was the CHrome hard to cover ? I always thought it would be.

In reference to Thomas' comment on old tests, if you go look at my 'Enzo' review which is now also in SlotForums reviews section

Here's a quick link..

You will see exactly why these two cars are so underrated in my book

Remember the new versions I posted pics of above are uprated alot - New tests should be interesting ehh?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Swiss,

QUOTE whose decals?

Combination of Team Champion numbers and left over decals from 1/43 scale kits we have in the states called "Modifiers".

QUOTE was the CHrome hard to cover ? I always thought it would be.

Yep... a little too hard if you ask me. These were so "plated" that taping the body with a small screwdriver actually gave the impression that the bodies were die cast. I finally, after dipping in numerous solutions and attacking the body with steel wool (which coincidentally just made it shine more) I finally roughed it up with wet 150 grit sandpaper.

From there I started with 3 light coats of Testor's Daytona Yellow and then after 3 days of drying finally gave it one good final coat. After the decals were added it got two coats of Testor's semi-gloss clear to seal it all up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.