Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's my new track design.
Please comment

·
Registered
911 Posts
looks fun, specialy the twistly bit at the bottem, but it seems like a lot of space for a small ammout of track? could be difficult to reash one site if its against a wall?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your reply

there will be a space in the middle, the track will run around four walls of a box room

·
David Moss
461 Posts
Cool! I like it. I like it a lot!!!
Looks alot of fun to drive! In fact I think I'll try it myself, sometime.
Reminds me of my favourite circuit, Silverstone International.
Good luck with it. I thinks it's (a VERY unusual) winner!

BacardiBeast

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
QUOTE (Domejuddv10 @ 6 Jan 2005, 16:05)Nice track design, but you get tangled up in your throttle wire when turning around to watch your cars! Lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That's what I was thinking too...

But I want to see it realised though! I'm very curious to see pictures from this project! Succes with the track!

Gunther

·
Registered
34 Posts
QUOTE (Domejuddv10 @ 6 Jan 2005, 16:05)Nice track design, but you get tangled up in your throttle wire when turning around to watch your cars! Lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I,m a bit concerned about the drivers station. What will the vision status of cars be when there are 2 drivers in the middle!

P.S. Nice layout though!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i mostly race alone as there are no clubs in my area, so blocking each others view will not be a big problem for me.

I am also thinking about a swivel chair, but this may cause me to get tangled up.

It may be the summer before I get the project off the ground, as i've got to empty the box room first.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hi B1RAC,

I've always liked that concept for getting a bigger track into a small space.

A couple of thoughts I had when considering this type of layout.

- driving from the middle is going to be a pain, but having the middle open is great for landscaping and accesing all the corners so:

-- consider using all the walls like you have but cut a diagonal straight from one wall to another where your door is. You can then easily have 2 drivers stations, side by side on the outside of the track. Build this section of benchwork as a very narrow span. you will be "ducking under" into the centre to retrieve your offs - or if you're pretty handy, hinge it so you can lift the "bridge" to gain access...

-- the other though was to create a horseshoe layout with drivers stations at the end of each end of the 'C'. The track would have two passes along each wall - one up, one back - cross overs can make this type a pretty decent track, and you still have the center area open if you want.

Just some thoughts...

Ken R

1 - 12 of 12 Posts