SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is for a scaley digital.

I have 2 4x8 tables in an 'L' that I'm looking to switch up as I've had this layout of about 37' going along the outside with an 'S' type wiggle in the far corner for a while.

It was great (and still is) when my son was 5, but now he's older and a little more challenge might do.

I do have the option of adding another 4x8 table and making it a 'J'. I've thought about this a little and it seems that the 4' width on the table is not ideal and limits things a little bit. So i'm also willing to add an edger board along any of the tables to make it more accommodating, or even make it an 8x8 although I worry a bit about getting to the cars easily in this case.

Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Greg Gaub
14,957 Posts
There are probably a few good ones out there. I'm rather happy with my current one, after a year and a half of racing on it. The hardest part was getting sufficient border space for magless racing. I also did add 1.5" to the inside edges of the tables. Basically just a 2x4 screwed to the side of the table, and a strip of MDF to level it with the table. The green carpet is on top of that, and the wood walls outside of that, so you can't tell from looking that it's not just 4x8 tables. Here's a photo and a plan:

I've made a few small changes since those images, but nothing major.

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
As Greg shows you can get a lot of track into that small space.

His was the inspiration for the type of tables I'll be building when I finally aquire the materials to build them.

The biggest difference is that I'll be using ScaleyClassic with a single lane rally loop in the "central" area.

Youre right, 8'x8' is difficult to marshall, but with careful planning to ensure most de-slots occure near the table edges, it can be done. (Banked R4 curves in centre not R1's for example)

Have fun
Simon

1 - 3 of 3 Posts