SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Story so far ... with my wife totally annoyed by the kids (and me
) taking up the entire living room floor I had to get around to sorting out some space for a track in the garage. I decided to create some shelving that would be able to incorporate a track on top and did a few designs that eventually ended up looking something like this ..

i then set about the task in hand and i've got this so far (still a lot of work to go - but got at least the basics there so far) ...

will update as the story continues
i'm planning to build up the whole track to a full diorama and a lot more height to the final layout. not got the digital bits in there just yet but will do more detailed images etc. asap

all ideas and criticisms very welcome - i need all the help i can get from some seasoned pros !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i've been thinking about that to get the hairpins up on a 'hilly pass' you're right ! there's another design that doesn't have an overpass and has the top straight going right up to the hairpins and being a long steady climb.

·
One petunia in a field of onions
6,455 Posts
Neither a pro nor particularly seasoned. (ok, maybe pickled occasionally) but I'd agree with the suggested swap of the overpass. Either way you run then you can have the highest area in that back corner and wend your way down through those switchbacks.

Embs

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks - i can't take all the credit for the layout as its a mish mash of various designs i have seen and liked. the whole area is created from three identical shelves/tables which all measure 3'4" by 6'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts