SlotForum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Well my wife decided I could not have the allocated 16' x 8' area. Instead I have 16' x 4' on one end and 8' on the other in the shape of a L. I played around with Slotman to come up with a layout I felt would be long, easy enough for non slotters, and I could do some scenery. So here is what I came up with.

The outside lane is 80' 8" and the inside lane is 79' 1". I had all the track already so I have built the track in the garage on the floor to see how it would run. After running the same car in both lanes using the mechanical lane counter/timer, the lanes were only .1 of a second different in time. With both lanes having a R2 curve hairpin it helped to even things out.

The R3 curves at the far left outside are 10 degreed bank curves using the 45 degreed supports leading down the back strech to a set of R4 curves going up an incline to take the cars to the infied towards the R2 hairpin, inside the banked R3s. The rest is in the pics as well.

Here is a pic of the actual layout.

I also have a 30 second video of a stock Scalextric Ford GT running around the track. It was driven at about 3/4 throttle.

Video of Ford GT cruising the track.

Now I need to start building the table for the layout. So what do you guys think of it so far?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
QUOTE my wife decided I could not have the allocated 16' x 8' area.

That is just Wrong on SO many levels!!

I like the Layout Tremelle, Hows visibility going to be for more than 2 operators??
Will it work?

The shorter Inside track will only make up for the faster sweeping ability of the outside track as close as they are. They should run fairly similar times I would think. Try 10 10 lap runs in one lane and 10 10 lap runs on the other and see what your times are......Bet ya they are very close

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran 10 laps on both lanes once. I will be running it bit before the table is constucted since I have not bought the wood yet. Visibility should not be a problem since I was running the car down below the lower right portion. The table for the track will be 36" tall. I want to keep it low so my 7 year old can see the layout without a step ladder.

The wife didn't exactly say I could not have the full space. She just mentioned the allocated space didn't suit the furniture placement on the patio. So you have to choose your battles. She did agree to let me splurge with $1,200 to start off my new hobby. Considering I am still running my 210 gallon saltwater tank as my other hobby I did not want to push it. I am no trying to figure out how to get a saltwater lake on the layout for the fish.

·
Registered
3,810 Posts
Looks good Tremelle
Nice flowing track, although I miss a tight R1 section. Considered Digital ?, cause this track screams digital, and you don't have to worry about inside and outside tracks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I may look at digital in the future, but not right now. I would like for visitors to be able to run their own cars. Most people around here are still running analog.

As far as scenery, I will be making a hill to support the elevated track sections. I will also be scratch building a garage/clubhouse for the ranch. I will also be adding some foilage around the track. I will basically be constructing my own interpretation of the Motorsport Ranch here in TX. Here is a link to it, Motorsport Ranch.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Tre, Nice Point N Shoot layout you got there, but unless you plan on going digital I would suggest that with that much space you should just go routed! I am assuming you are in Arlington Texas, based on your posts, The Following track is 20 min. South of you in Duncanville>

http://slotcarillustrated.com/portal/forum...ead.php?t=10046

I know you already have bought many $'s worth of track, but if you go routed you can pretty much do 3 lanes in the space of a 2 lane sectional! Plus there's the added interest of variable lane spacing (Racing Lines) & custom turn radius's(sp?).

I live in east Dallas & have a 5.5' X 11' permanent sectional track that's going to be giving way to a routed track within the year & there is a 13' X 17' routed track nearing completion in Lewisville.

Send me a message & maybe we can run some time!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, it rains on my patio also. The track will be covered when not in use. I know I will have a fight with corrosion. The layout will be semi permanent, so the track can be taken up if necessary; leaving the scenery which will be made out of natural resources.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.