SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hey guys, hope this works. its my new track in progress. Its a mixture of R3s, R2s and some creative use of a restricted space as a window cuts right across the end.

My son and I are enjoying the layout....ran the V8 opels last night with the lights on!!
Still need to landscape and set up some more borders....ho hum!!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
looking good mate lookin good, i wish i had that much space lol but dad cant afford divorce if we put something like that in our lounge room that we only use for the visitor (its an italian thing dont ask lol)

check out my track over at, comments and suggestions are welcome.

http://www.freewebs.com/goodfellaadriano/index.htm

well i cnt wait to see how your track turns out, should be good for some great racing over at your place.

happy racing
cyaz

·
Registered
222 Posts
Hi Squire, thats one nice track. Will you be having a certain theme to the landscaping? How about Barbagello raceway style, or is there too many flies to model.
When I'm down your way can i pop in for a blast, its not far from Perth.
Regards
Nigel

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey guys glad you like the track. Knoath will post more pics as I learn about the process (humble thanks to Rich D and Scott for their help) Goodfella Adriane....like the website....Had to stand sideways to look at the track but it looks awesome!!! Hey my track is in one of the bedrooms so no prob with relations coming over!!! Want me to whack someone??!!!
Nigel(f143) perths not far away..often up there checking out Stanbridges and the Hobby Shop in Murray street!! as they say on the game shows...come on down!!!
Rikko must measure the lane lengths will let you know...the track sort of grew as I flirted with the idea of a 4 lane but then realised I did'nt have that many friends!!!! or room....Used to live in Tun. Wells was in Noel Park Sevenoaks 2 years ago on a trip back!!!! (Migrated 15 yrs ago)...still miss the old place.
Garage racer...thanks for the comments
Keep the faith

·
Peter Christie
1,835 Posts
Help! I got lost

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey guys...some more pics.

Hope these come out.....lane lenghts are lane1: 129ft (39.3metres), and lane 2 is 126ft.(38.4metres) Have taken out the crossovers (got fed up with wearing the boys fenders!!) which were in to try and balance the lanes up a bit as lane 2 cops a lot of the tighter inner curves....any ideas how to get the right balance??

Whoops both pics didnt come through here is another now.!!

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Great track but I can see problems coming

You see my friend and I got to this sort of size and stage of track and it is NEVER enough!
Be warned! expensive rented rooms, scenic tracks and large routed tracks are in your future

THIS is where we ended up after running out of floor space and wives patience at our homes.

Oh AND you will need hundreds more cars of course

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Afterburned thanks for the photo stitching!!! Would have tried it myself but don't have the software...the cameras lens is'nt wide enough to get it all in. Would love to go digital in due course...thought the pit lane could go as an addition along the main straight (just extend out the base board...bit reluctant to take the plung as yet....don't have the skills that some of the guys on the forum have when it comes to modifying the track parts, wiring etc.) Just enjoying the running on it at present. Did extend the r/h end up over the return curves but found that this blocked off the track view too much...making marshalling more difficult. I have to pull the track base out from the wall as it is to access the back straight when racing!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Bigfoot. Bridge heights are Scaly crossover height plus about 10mm to allow for joint strips at MDF support joints....plus a bit!! don't know if that is enough height for truck clearances....but frankly I just couldn't see myself ever wanting to race them
Never understood the attraction myself......always more than happy with F1, Indy, Nascar, Endurance, Sports Car and Rally myself

·
Registered
65 Posts
Did you design this track on one of the design programs available if so which one and how big is the base it sits on as i have space for a 12ft x 5ft layout and i like this track layout alot.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It certainly gives whole new meaning to the phrase
Spaghetti bowl

That is alot of track in a small area.........a real accomplishment.

For flat out road course racing it looks like fun..........Not much room for scenery, but perhaps you do not want any scenery

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Speedy 27 and Tileguy....Thanks for the comments...think i need your help Tileguy given the fantastic scenery work you do. My prob is that as you say I have a lot of track inn a restricted area. My thoughts originally were to make it a pure road course with concrete support pillars and basic ground cover but I love the feel of vertical cliff faces and green rolling hills!!! One thing is that between some of the tracks I need vertical seperation between two abuting tracks..thought about stick on brickwork but this might be too bland....what do you think Tileguy??

Speedy..the baseboard is 6ft wide by 15ft6 long but the last 4ft tapers down as you can see due to the window you could shorten this by reducing by one straight the main lenghts...the r3 curves also mean that you need the extra length so maybe R2 s would do you??The raised part to the LH end I originally had cutting across the circuit from the back about halfway along the main start and then running along the top of the main start straight to join up at the LH end but this blocked the view too much...thats also why I cut the MDF Support track base back on the inside of curves...will just have armco on the elevated bits in due course. Unfortunatly did not have any software for my layouts...all done with trial and error plus lots of trips to the shop to buy odd track pieces...pretty much a nightmare trying to line up some of the layouts....a good software prog would save you heaps of heartache......I just didnt have the inclination to sit down and try to learn one.....(bit dense on the computer front!!)

The track is real fun to drive and smooth too!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.