SlotForum banner

New Track

3K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  APD-RACER 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hi to all at SlotForum
This is my first post on the forum so I hope this turns out ok! After many years away from this great hobby I came across SlotForum and it got me thinking and reading the many very informative threads on the site Downloaded UR and set about designing a new Digital Track and this is what my two son,s and myself finally agreed on.So please feel free to comment on it The area covered is 10 x 3 meters.

LANE1=50.69 m
LANE2=50.54 m

Await all your comments good and bad no offence taken
Regards to all
Tony

See less See more
#3 ·
thats a massive track. can you walk around it otherwise you'll never be able to get holf of the cars deslotting at the back. the little chicane almost on top is a bit strange right after a curve of 180 degrees.I'd rather put in just befor the net 200 degrees U turn to the long straight.
The part after the first U turn after leavin the pit looks great! only thing I wouldnt do is the 90 degres R1 U used. the inner corner is almost not to be taken by longer cars (F1 or Nascar, Muscle cars) the inner wheel loses the track and the car will tilt a little bit. If you have room like this a bit of use of loads of R3-R4-curves would make it even smoother to race really hard , but that is sometimes a choice for less track and more flow.

#4 ·
wow, that's a massive one.

#5 ·
(Hmmmm.... I wonder if he knows this is SFI and not SCI?)

Cheers!

#6 ·
Crumbs... I make that about 30ft x 15ft room size... plust space to walk round thats enormous... WOW!..

50m lane length that scales up to like 1.6KM or a one scale mile of track...

The resistance in all of those track joints will need some ooomph or some assistance from power feeds...

wonder if he lives in an aircraft hanger?

#7 ·
That is HUGE!!!!

Is this for a club or your mansion?

If for the club, then you should have enough folks for Marshalling. If for the home, and you will mostly race on your own, then Marshalling will become a pain. More so if you start to add scenery.. do you plan that as well? I wish I had that much space.

#8 ·
QUOTE (blm2822 @ 26 Apr 2011, 19:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That is HUGE!!!!

Is this for a club or your mansion?

If for the club, then you should have enough folks for Marshalling. If for the home, and you will mostly race on your own, then Marshalling will become a pain. More so if you start to add scenery.. do you plan that as well? I wish I had that much space.

If you've got room for a track that big you can afford to hire Marshalls...

#9 ·
First of all sorry for not replying sooner but had to head to Norway for work and had no internet until today.

FZseamans: Yes you will be able to walk around the layout,and the chicane would be better placed where you suggested .Thanks for your comment.

PSRRFH: Thanks for your comment.

sealevel: SORRY a slip of the finger wont do it again.

hankscorpio: No just a normal house,wife,dogs and slotcars.Plan to have 2x 15v dc @22.5amp power supplies

bml2822: The layout willbe at home and yes we will add scenery in the future and my two grown-up sons race as well.

greenjo2:No room yet until the new shed is built in the back garden but that may take 3-6 months have to apply for planning permission RED TAPE again.

Again Thanks to all who replied any more suggestion to improve this layout will be most welcome.

Regards to all
Tony(APD-RACER) .

PS Has anybody found away to improve the current flow on the new APB.

#10 ·
Don't spend out on TWO 22.5amp power supplies. One will be more than enough, and you can put a dummy plug in the other socket to make the APB use the most amps it will allow.
Hopefully they will figure out a way to allow more amps through the APB. With that fan in there, I would imagine it's capable of more than 8 amps constant.

#12 ·
Mr F: Thanks for your reply I only bought the two because they were only €34 each and one will be a spare.

Slotrace: thank you for your reply it will take a pretty long time RED TAPE and time to build a new shed before I can think of laying out the track, plenty of time to put new ideas on paper

Tony

#14 ·
FYI, there is now a mod to increase the power of the APB.

I think RikoRocket did a thread on this.

Cheers!

#15 ·
QUOTE (APD-RACER @ 10 May 2011, 16:12) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Mr F: Thanks for your reply I only bought the two because they were only €34 each and one will be a spare.

Slotrace: thank you for your reply it will take a pretty long time RED TAPE and time to build a new shed before I can think of laying out the track, plenty of time to put new ideas on paper

Tony

Where did you get 15v 22amps for 34 Euros??? Have they got any more???

Nice layout - have you built it yet?

#16 ·
Mr Modifier
Found them on e-bay look for the seller E-component from mary site maintained by may 139189 there in Hong Kong but P&P is free and the service is great , I think the price has gone up a tiny bit. Have not started the track yet have made some changes to the first draft will post on site when I am happy with it,all I need know is Oxygen to be on sale and have a real good BLAST!

All the best
Tony

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.