SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Greg Gaub
14,987 Posts
Did you finish the earlier one? I don't think I ever saw the completed stages of it.
As for that design, I like it. You could probably slip a couple curved lane changers into the hairpins to give cars the choice of moving to the outside line of they want.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Keeping the section under the bridge straight rather than a bit of S bend would reduce the risk of cars off under the bridge.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (MrFlippant @ 15 Feb 2012, 19:47) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Did you finish the earlier one? I don't think I ever saw the completed stages of it.As for that design, I like it. You could probably slip a couple curved lane changers into the hairpins to give cars the choice of moving to the outside line of they want.

The old track was finished but was destroyed by a water leak

I don`t think I have any pictures of it.

I have 3 CLC:s that I think is still working but they are out to in.

@300SLR

I might do so instead.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Kop

I like it as well.
Could race real good.
Out to in's are OK, if you could fit them in.
If you've already got them, you may as well use them, in between the others.

Cheers

Si.

I like your plan, I used to do mine like that for years.
CAD ( cardboard aided design ) 3D as well !!!
Old-School.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Hi Kop

Don't you mean "R"-Day !

The plans all changed.
Looks good as well though.

I miss the switchback bends on the first plan...
...but...
...On the new one, I like the tight-bend ( or chicane ) before the start/finish straight.
Every track should have a complex or slow corner before the pits IMO, 1:1 tracks nearly always do !

Looks like you've got a longer run altogether, in the 2nd plan as well.
& room for some kind of pits set-up.
Also the flyover is gone, which could be easier to make & tape good.

I think you should move the start-grid back, & move the XLC before the hairpin, to the end of the pit-straight.
& the other XLC at the entrance to the bottom-left corner.
Maybe a bit more thought on 'precisely' where these go ( with that routing, you gotta get it right 1st time !!! ).

2nd plan on balance, I think is a teeny bit better than the 1st.
Both look cool to race though.

Cheers

Si.

·
Greg Gaub
14,987 Posts
You've marked one out already, just after the hairpins. I like that spot. Also, one at the top center, just entering the first hairpin, would be good. Maybe one at the far bottom right, at the end of the front straight, to go to the inside line, as well. Or put a XLC right there at the end, with the exit from the changer flowing into a nice racing line rather than those abrupt rejoining to a straight of the stock XLC, if you know what I mean.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts