SlotForum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

New user here, back into slots after a 35+ yr absence, from back when we used to race the spendy 1/24 scale cars at the nieghbor hood track "Tom Thumb Raceway, in Bay City, MI!

I'm loking forward to some new fun with my friends and kids.

Yikes! I bought this Ninco Stewart (Find On Raceway Dead), last Saturday.

What a dissapointment!

After my DeLaRosa Jag, and Trulli Renault, this thing is aSuper-dissapointment!

It is without a doubt, the most tempramental crate that I've ever tried to push (literally) around the track.

Well, $50.00 tax inc. is a cheap price for a life lesson, right?

I hope this saves some sap his money.

By all means, go for that sport Renault! Shes's a Goer, EH?... Wink , Wink!

Stay safe!

Mitch

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Welcome to SlotForum Mitch!!

Any chance you can explain why it's the most temperamental crate you've ever tried to push around a track? Have you had a tinker with the car to see if you can improve things?

Mark.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Difflock,

I worked on it a bit, adjusting the Brush angle a number of times.

They looked OK, clean and straight, with plenty of opportunity for contact.

I also checked the track by making sure other cars ran satisfactorily.

I know I will likely have to do some work on this one. My friend bought the Ninco pseudo-ferrari, and his will go all the way around the track without stopping.

This car is a bit spendy, compared to other makes I own, but it doesn't run well at all, out of the box.

That pretty much sums up my dissapointment.

I'm thinking you might have one of these, and it works better than mine?

I can't help but to compare it to other open wheelers I own, which, by all means, have room for improvement, but performed satisfactorily out of the box.

Thanks again.

Stay safe,

Mitch

·
Scott Brownlee
4,275 Posts
Ninco in general are usually flawless runners out of the box so I'm surprised. I have this car and it runs fine. Always hard to offer advice blind, but maybe bad connection between motor and pick-ups?

Scott

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
The Stewart is the worst of the Ninco F1's in the handling department.

Should go around the track okay though... What brand track are you using?

Anyway, take the magnets out and the roles will be reversed...

Lotus

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
No Mitch,
I don't have one, but I'm severely tempted by Ninco's Rahal Ford CART car which may be similar? after all it is a wings 'n slicks car.

I thought I'd ask you to explain why it was such a crock for the sake of further hints & tips etc.

Mark.

·
Alan Tadd
4,039 Posts
Mitch

Ninco cars are usually very good "out of the box".

Sounds like braid adjustment is your problem, Ninco do provide very long braids and very flat, try squeesing the braid to form a small hump in the middle then trim off the excess length this normally gets the car lapping and the braid will then adjust itself to the correct height with a little running.

Best of luck.

Regards

Alan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts